Re: Received Blue & Black ""Mambo"" Dresses...Boo Hoo:(

On 4/10/2014 twopeas said:

My curiosity is killing me. Does someone have the item number? TIA

A253405

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

On 4/10/2014 TheOwl said:

Agreed that, as always, this dress looked lovely on the models and happy to hear that it hits the sweet spot for so many of you!

Best dresses I ever purchased from QVC were A94127. I've had and worn them for years now and can vouch for them. They flatter, are comfortable, you throw them on and they never wrinkle. Never too hot in summer. Covers the upper arm, upper chest and knee - which is now pretty much my formula these days. Smiley Wink Gone are the days ...

I have this dress in brown, burgundy, black, red and in blue. I've worn them many times under one or another of Louis' fabulous jackets and blazers and cardigans. I long ago gave up hoping that Louis might come out with a dress [not a maxi] which would be long enough to very comfortably cover my knees. Something I wouldn't have to pull at constantly to cover up all the while I was wearing it. I think, though, that he meets the Q norm. Most dresses - other than maxi's - coming out from Simonton, or Mackie, or Rivers and even Graver - all seem to be about 42 ish inches in length. That's about 6 to 8 inches too short for my body. So I've always opted for the dress LOOK from Linea - a skirt and top matching in color and coordinating in style.

Another thing I like about the Citiknit dress I've referenced is that it skims the body. 30 years of ongoing and unremitting Fibromyalgia pain finds welcome relief in a dress that pulls nowhere on the body and still gives me great coverage and that slimming column of color. That's how I evaluate my clothes. Do they diminish the pain or add to the pain. A pretty basic formula. Nice in Linea to be able to look "killer good" without squirming in discomfort!

Owl, thanks for sharing this dress with us--it's right up my alley for sure. I love simple lines, easy-to-wear and care for fabric and travels well. The dress is sold out--is it something QVC reorders?

Valued Contributor

GraceCO:

You might join me in writing here to Renee Greenstein to inquire about this dress: http://community.qvc.com/blog/userid/550273/renee-greenstein.aspx

This dress was made by what USED to be CitiKnits, and then CitiKnits morphed into Effortless Style and now, I think, it is indirectly linked to Attitudes by Renee.

Renee used to be THE representative/designer-I-think for CitiKnits. She was followed by somebody named "Miranda" who was followed by somebody named "Nancy Hicks". But Renee knows about this dress. If you read all of the reviews - there are a whole LOT of women out there who loved this dress. It wouldn't hurt to ask Renee if she would consider revisiting this style. Honestly, I think there is a large market among the QVC consumer of fashion who would again be thrilled to have a dress like this available.

I've already written quite passionately to her on this topic Smiley Happy Good luck!

Valued Contributor

One more "long-time buddy" dress: A73544 This is another CitiKnits. I seldom wear it with a belt but believe me it proudly sports any Linea jacket/sweater/topper over it and you look thin and svelte underneath. I BEGGED the company rep to bring this dress back and I've checked ebay intermittently to see if I could find another one as a back-up.

I threw the belt away that came with A73544 but I think I have worn this dress probably 100 times or more since I purchased it in 2007 and it is just as good as new with equal numbers of washings. I was lucky enough to get A94127 in 5 colors in 2011 but even with the proliferation of colors I've probably worn each one 50+ times a piece. How many items in your closet can you say that about and that they still look, feel, smell and behave like BRAND new and look different every time you wear them depending on the Linea blazer, jacket, cardi and accessories worn with them!

A73544 and A94127 both have dolman sleeves which I love! Because of the fabric it is absolutely no problem under any jacket. It's as though it were sleeveless. No bulk-up under the arms or anything like that. Jackets just slip on/off over these babies like silk. That funnel neck on A73544 is BEYOND flattering and comfortable. Tremendous stretch to the fabric means it never grabs your neck. Just totally comfy. I stow this dress and the 5 Effortless Style ones on a shelf, rolled up like logs. You can guess how fantastically these dresses travel and they have accompanied me in domestic and international travels frequently. Sorry to raphsodize here!!!!!!! Just my own personal dress answers for chic dressing with my Linea wardrobe and least amount of discomfort physically for me. They make me happy Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/10/2014 JustJazzmom said:
On 4/10/2014 twopeas said:

My curiosity is killing me. Does someone have the item number? TIA

A253405

Thank you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Regular Contributor

On 4/9/2014 Cheryl in KY said:

I want to add that I am very happy with this dress. I purchased the coffee been in size S. This is the type of dress I would like to wear all summer!! When I first tried it on I too felt it was as soft as a nightgown! At home I'd wear it as is but for work I'll add the black bolero & black Linea stretch bracelet (a fav of mine), some type of long necklace & my Earthies heels:

I gotta have those shoes! Do you remember the style name or where your purchased them? THANKS!

ETA: Found them! Curious, however. I've never purchased this brand but have considered them many times. Can you tell me how this shoe fits? Run small or large, wide or narrow? Any help would be so appreciated! THANKS!

Respected Contributor

On 4/10/2014 TheOwl said:

One more "long-time buddy" dress: A73544 This is another CitiKnits. I seldom wear it with a belt but believe me it proudly sports any Linea jacket/sweater/topper over it and you look thin and svelte underneath. I BEGGED the company rep to bring this dress back and I've checked ebay intermittently to see if I could find another one as a back-up.

I threw the belt away that came with A73544 but I think I have worn this dress probably 100 times or more since I purchased it in 2007 and it is just as good as new with equal numbers of washings. I was lucky enough to get A94127 in 5 colors in 2011 but even with the proliferation of colors I've probably worn each one 50+ times a piece. How many items in your closet can you say that about and that they still look, feel, smell and behave like BRAND new and look different every time you wear them depending on the Linea blazer, jacket, cardi and accessories worn with them!

A73544 and A94127 both have dolman sleeves which I love! Because of the fabric it is absolutely no problem under any jacket. It's as though it were sleeveless. No bulk-up under the arms or anything like that. Jackets just slip on/off over these babies like silk. That funnel neck on A73544 is BEYOND flattering and comfortable. Tremendous stretch to the fabric means it never grabs your neck. Just totally comfy. I stow this dress and the 5 Effortless Style ones on a shelf, rolled up like logs. You can guess how fantastically these dresses travel and they have accompanied me in domestic and international travels frequently. Sorry to raphsodize here!!!!!!! Just my own personal dress answers for chic dressing with my Linea wardrobe and least amount of discomfort physically for me. They make me happy Smiley Happy

Owl, I'm with you 100% on both styles--just wonderful--and it's unfortunate they are no longer being made. I've never understood why best selling dresses disappear from QVC. I will enthusiastically join you in your plea for this designer to revive these dresses. Either that, or maybe we can suggest it to another designer at QVC Wink

Trusted Contributor

My mambo dresses make me wanna dance! I sized up to the M as that was the size I had ordered in the twofer tanks that have the same shape at the neckline and bust. Perfection! The front ruffle hits me right at the top of my knee (I'm 5'7"" but have the legs of a 5'10"" person)

I am also going to try them on later with ankle length leggings as I think that would be another good look.

Super Contributor

I was away and missed the shows but catching up. I think the dress is darling. It will make a great bathing suit cover up. I love to be able to go beach/pool to lunch and this looks like it will fit the bill. Will be super cute with flip flops and a floppy hat. Glad to see it available in all sizes and colors. I'm adding it to my Linea shopping list.

Valued Contributor

Good thinking GraceCO but if you mean our dearly beloved Louis, I don't think Louis would touch a dress like this. I've been watching and buying from his line for about 8 years or so and I do not remember "missing out" on any potentially workable dresses for me. Another challenge I have with Louis' dresses is that the waist usually hits me wrong - the dress often is not long waisted enough. So after returning a few tries I've resigned myself to just "pretend dresses" from Louis - meaning a longer skirt which I can match up with something else in his line of the same color which "works". Usually I pair up say a boho with a turtleneck, or a mock turtleneck of the same color. [And I put up with the discomfort of an elastic around my waist and honestly, it's not nearly as comfortable as a dress that hangs beautifully from my shoulders - just my compromise to make it work for the "dress look" column of color.] I begged for a longer pencil and have all 3 of the original longer offerings of a couple of Christmas's ago - black, fawn and perfectly pink - with the matching cardigans, but I guess I'm in a minority and the longer lengths don't sell so well. And again, I'm still agreeing to the discomfort factor for me of the elastic waistband. At least Louis's waistbands are superiorly done and I can "modify" them at home at need.

However, that said, if you want to suggest something like a dress like these 2 favs of mine, I'll give it a hearty "second" Smiley Happy That feather jersey fabric - in a little bit heavier version - might have lent itself to something along these lines for a nice dress option. I didn't even try to do a dress look in that fabric because the long skirts he was offering were WAY too long for me and I didn't want to mess with a major hemming job. I did try ONE of the skirts but opted for the petite version in it so I didn't have so much hemming to do. I got the orchid in the l-o-n-g skirt (in petite) to go with the orchid tank. It's on the sewing table in the sewing room waiting for me to "fix" it. But my rule is about 7 inches shorter than those skirts were and easily 7 inches longer than his normal pencil skirts come and 7 to 10 inches longer than his dresses come. The bohos are just about right for me in length in the skirts and I'm 5'7".

I just don't think it is his "cup of tea" though. That's just my thinking watching the Linea line from the balcony all these years so to speak.