Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of August 4

Linda, today's door salesman does sound like a good choice. Still it's a good idea to wait till tomorrow for the other estimate.

Some years ago we had the driveway blacktop redone and R picked the cheapest estimate. We should have picked the other company as they would have but a drain in. Water puddles in front of the garage and 2 places where the trailer wheels were sunk. The company undercuts other companies and often gets the parking lot jobs. Those parking lots within a year develop potholes. After the bathroom and porches are done R wants the driveway reflectors and done the correct way.

The trip to Ft. Knox was several hours longer than expected. Besides the trip to the Patton Museum they added an additional stop on the base and another at Elizabethtown where there is a Vietnam Wall replica. It was interesting to hear Ft. Knox is totally energy self sufficient if necessary. 

Barbara, I hope your infusion went well today.

Yesterday I read our local paper online. We have quite an Amish population in the county. 2 girls were driving their buggy down the four lane when a van passed them and someone fired a bb gun at them which hit the teenager near an eye. Needless to say the police are asking for help in finding the person who did this.

R had a good night's sleep using his c-pap machine.

Linda, I hope your DD 's deck gets stained this week. So far the weather has been good here.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I survived the infusion but had a couple of difficult moments...this med causes me to cough a lot and at one point, I was having trouble catching my breath. So they stopped the drug, gave me more steroids and increased the IV gluids..yikes.  But I was able to continue. .. I see my dr in a couple of weeks to have him determine if I can continue.  The nurses said my blurry vision is a concern.

i am not doing anything today..we need a few groceries so v and syd will go to the store for me. Sydnie loves to grocery shop and she knows where everything is.

Linda..sounds as if you are making progress in the door shopping.You have a couple of good choices. Hope the weather clears so dd can get her deck stained. V and m power washed ours yesterday and it looks like new. It sounds very hot in Az...today it will be 75 here. 

Claudia..your trip seems to be going well. The weather said ther were some bad storms close to where you live. Enjoy yourself..

have a a great day.😍😍

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you had an interesting tour yesterday, Claudia.  Hope things go well today, and the weather cooperates.  That is something about the Amish girls being shot at -- wonder why that happened.

Sorry you had problems getting the infusion yesterday, Barbara.  But, I'm glad you got through it.  Good that V and Syd can take care of the grocery shopping.  Please take it easy today. I'll be interested to hear what your doctor says.

It is hot here, but we are not having the air quality problems they are having in Phoenix -- thank goodness.  There is a chance of rain this afternoon/evening, but it was sunny on my walk.  That isn't good this time of the year since it feels hotter with the bright sunlight than when it is cloudy.

My plan is to go to the gym this morning, and be back in plenty of time for the last door company visit.  If I decide to go with the company from yesterday instead, I may go down there and sign the contract today depending on the time.  I have a banana/pineapple bread to drop off at the senior lunch program or adult day services.

Hope both of you are able to sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm so sorry you had problems with this infusion. At least you were able to get through it.

It is hot here. I stayed inside the hotel except for a brief walk outside for R to see where his group bowls tonight. Tomorrow is the 1/5 dinner and Saturday the division dinner.

We had the breakfast buffet which isn't bad. I was not impressed with the restaurant's limited dinner menu. Tonight I had a pastrami sandwich from the cafe. R will have chili at the bowling. There is a nice small gift shop. I try each time we travel to find a small cat related item for my catsitter. I managed to find something there. They also have some unique jewelry.

Linda, I'll be interested to hear your opinion of today's door company.

I am considering trying to pack my carryon suitcase in my checked suitcase for the flight home. I know that sounds odd. I'll have less to pack as I won't have the items for the Chinese auction.When we changed planes in Charlotte for Louisville they took my carryon suitcase at the gate and I had to wait in Louisville for them to retrieve. Flying Louisville to Charlotte we'll have the same type of plane. With a 44 minute layover we won't have time to wait for the carryon to be retrieved as the gates are quite a distance apart. 

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...today I feel like I have the flu...chills, aches, headache so I am not doing a lot .last time, these symptoms lasted for 3 days so I am hoping to be back to normal tomorrow. 

M has to have more tests done regarding her breast issue...she is quite upset. She should know something next week. I told her that if it is serious, we will be here for her. 

Claudia...I have packed my carryon in a bigger suitcase. The only issue is to make sure it is not overweight. You might be better off checking both pieces of luggage. If you are in the south, it looks to be pretty war.m. I hope you are enjoying the reunion.too bad there is not someplace close to eat. 

Linda..read that you chose your door guy. Have you asked about the lubricating injections for your knee..I got synvisc for many years and it was much better than cortisone. Just a thought. Have you thought about wearing a knee brace when you walk or exercise. 

It is another lovely day here. V took Syd to a bike repair place to figure out what is wrong with her bike. 

Enjoy tyecday.😘😘

Esteemed Contributor

I think your luggage plan makes sense, Claudia.  I know it can be difficult when the time between flights is short.    

Sorry you aren't feeling well, Barbara.  Hope things are okay with M, and Syd's bike can be repaired without too much trouble.

As you read, I decided on the third company, and I have already signed the contract, etc.  Not sure about the knee injections.  I have worn a knee brace in the past, but they tend to come loose on my walks.  Also, I am not sure I can handle both the compression hose and the knee brace.  My knee isn't hurting too much at the moment -- thank goodness.  The doctor's office called, and I'm having my Prolia shot next Tuesday afternoon.

DD said that the deck needs to be dry for three days before they can apply the stain, so it won't be done until sometime next week.  She sent a lovely bouquet to me since she knows that I'm feeling pretty sad about the one year anniversary of DH's death tomorrow.  The flower arrangement is quite beautiful.

The fitness orientation was interesting, and they offer a 30 minute private lesson with the trainer if you like.  I plan to take them up on the offer.  She was a new trainer to me, but has been there for a few years, and has lots of experience.  In addition to work with our recreation association, she works with wheelchair clients, etc.  

Hope both of you get some rest tonight, and you feel better tomorrow, Barbara.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope you feel much better tomorrow, Barbara. I'm sure M is worried. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts.

Next year's reunion choices are Mmemphis, Charlotte, or Rochester (NY). They vote tomorrow. My guess is Memphis or Charlotte will be the popular choice. Rochester of course would be closest to home. Charlotte would be a direct flight.

Linda, I think you made a good choice in the door contractor.N

I hope you both have a good night.

Respected Contributor

Good morning."it is going to be a rainy day.  That is good because it means that the watering system will not have to be run again for a few days.

I am feeling pretty much back to normal...it will be interesting to see how well this drug works I am pretty well pain free, which is nice.

Linda..I know this will be a hard day for you. I am thinking about you...it took me many years to be able to get through the day of my baby’s death. I hope you can find some things to do to keep you busy.

Claudia..enjoy your banquets today. Charlotte is a nice place to visit..we were there 2 years ago. 

I am am going to work with Syd in her room a little bit. 🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, Barbara and Claudia.  I'm pretty weepy today, but I expected this would happen.  

Very glad you are feeling better, Barbara.  We may have some rain here today, but nothing so far.  

Hope you enjoy the banquets today, Claudia.  I have never been to Charlotte, but I had driven through Memphis several times (did not stop), and I think I drove through Rochester years ago.  Hope you like the place they select for next year.

I will be doing my usual Saturday chores (laundry and financial review) today, and have a hospice visit this afternoon.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It appears we will not be going to any of the 3. It seems the by laws specify west coast one year, midwest the 2nd year, and third year the east. So next year is the east. Rochester was all set to be chosen when a motion was made supposedly carried over from last year to go to DC with the signed flag. So the 3 presentations were wasted. We're going to DC or nearby and the ptb have no idea where we will stay or what activities will be offered.

I know it's a very difficult day for you, Linda. Be kind to yourself.I

Barbara, I'm glad you are feeling much better today.

I'm not looking forward to getting up at 3:30 in the morning to get ready to get to the airport.