Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of March 7th

Good Afternoon! 

Sorry I misunderstood -- it is great that Jamie is so talented and won the contest, Claudia.  Good that R finished off the beans, and I hope he hears about the possible reunion.  I have to say that the idea of getting my vaccines sooner than expected has led to thinking about travel.  Watching the Tucci exploring Italy program really makes me think about going back to Italy.  But, that would probably be in 2023 at the earliest.

Very quiet here.  I'm going to try another vegan recipe today (with lentils), and I found some nice broccolini at the store which will be great with it.  I haven't had broccolini in years.  But, the vegan diet emphasizes eating all sorts of vegetables and fruits.  So, I am trying new things plus ones that I haven't eaten for ages.  Good for your health and actually helps my appetite.

I'm certainly not a vegan, but trying to emphasize this diet rather than what I had been eating (lots of chicken and cheese).  

Hope both of you and your husbands are having a good day and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of March 7th

It was only in the low 40's today but tomorrow it will be in the 50's. Oh joy!

For once I finished everything I planned. The main thing was getting the federal taxes done. I'm so glad to have that out of the way. The state tax will be easy. Unearned income is not counted. The only income counted for us will be interest earned as far as state tax.

I hope you like the vegan recipe your trying, Linda. I have to be careful with some vegetables and fruits. Much as I like salad it doesn't like me.

As we're inching towards spring, I will be packing up some of the winter clothes. I am considering keeping some of the storage bins in the spare room after we get rid of the large bookcase there. It would be easier on me than carrying them up to the attic.

Barbara, I hope V enjoyed the dinner last night. Also hope your headache is finally gone.

Respected Contributor

LindA, thank you for starting the thread..my muscle relaxer knocked me out this morning, a friend came for a good bye visit (moving to Denver) that lasted most of the afternoon. She is a true "soul Sister ).

my eldest niece posted some info on vs mother's ancestry that was very interesting. So I called her...she is a college instructor in Ohio and leads a very lonely. She disclosed that her mental health issues have gotten so bad that she opts on medical leave.so we talked for a long time...I feel,so sorry for her..she was vs oldest brothers daughter, Her only sibling does his own thing and her mother is not much better. I will be paying more attention.

Linda, your vegetarian dishes sound so good. V would have great difficulty with it. Lol. 

Claudia..that is impressive that Jamie is such an awesome drummer. Most people don't realize how difficult drumming is and what perfect rhythm is involved. I have played conga and African drugs in simple patterns and it was not easy. 

Sydnie was named MVP for dance line. M was happy because she is the best dancer on thevteam

My hips continue to drive me nuts.

Sleep well q🌹🌹

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I feel,like I am swimming through molasses today....that sometimes happens. Thank goodness, I have learned how to manage this.

It is another pretty day..it is supposed to be cooler next week..hope that changes.

I am making chicken enchiladas for dinner...

One of choir sisters, who hascretired from choir, celebrates her 89;th birthday today,l She lives off social security so does not have a lot and because of zcovid, has been isolated. She has no children or relatives. So I decided to send her flowers .,she called and made me cry with the eloquence of her thank you.  I feel blessed.

Have a good rest of your day.🌵🌵😎

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad you got all your tasks done yesterday, Claudia.  That is very rare for me.  Good idea to have the bins on the main level rather than having to go up to the attic.

That is nice about Syd being selected as MVP for the dance line, Barbara.  I'm not surprised, but it is good she got the recognition.

Glad you were able to visit with your friend yesterday.  Nice of you to keep up with your niece.  I'm sure your friend was thrilled to receive the flowers.  I'm sure that I would cry as well.

Sorry you aren't moving fast today.  RA is such a difficult disease.  Glad you are able to deal with it, but I know that it is hard.

DH would have been fine with a vegetarian diet -- probably not vegan since he loved his ice cream.  Both of his children are vegetarians, and I think their family started eating that way after his DD changed.  But, my Dad was huge on eating meat, and my ex liked meat quite a bit.  I understand that his wife has some sort of condition where she needs to eat a lot of meat -- at least that is what DD told me some years ago.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but oldest DGS and his wife are coming down to Maryland for a very short visit on Good Friday -- just staying two nights and going back on Sunday.  DD is busy planning for their visit.  They will be having dinner with her parents on Saturday, so DD only has Friday dinner and Sunday brunch to plan.  I know she is happy about the visit.

Hope the weather isn't too chilly when your family visits, Barbara.  Seems like temperatures keep going up and down lately -- cool/hot/warm, etc.  Oh well.....

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Getting everything done is rare for me too, Linda. That certainly didn't happen today. Tomorrow doesn't look good either. We have to leave at 6:30 for R's VA podiatry appointment.

That's great your DGS and wife are making a quick visit home.

So very kind of you to send the flowers, Barbara. They made your choir sister's day. Great news but not surprising that Sydnie made MVP.

It only reached 50° today. Tomorrow may be warmer. I'm hoping to go to bed earlier than usual. I do not like early appointments when we have to leave home 1 1/2 to 2 hours before the appointment.

Have a good evening and sleep well.

Respected Contributor

it is gorgeous here today. We had a few sprinkles this morning..iI could hear the raindrops on the skylight in our master bath.,

I made a quick run to the grocery store .,I plan on doing the order for the girls visit  on Friday..  I have less pain today, but my mobility is not good. 

Linda..good luck with your vaccination today. It was recommended that I get it in my non dominant arm. And with the 2nd shot. It will be nice for your dd to visit. Re vegetarian diets..both of our families were big meat eaters but I have been able to reduce our meat consumption. 

Claudia..hope your day isn't too busy. Good luck with all of the appointments. 

Have a great day.😎😎🌵

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you have less pain but sorry about the mobility issue, Barbara.

It was nice and sunny today. It warmed up to around 50°. It definitely was a tiring day. Neither of us slept well and were very tired after we got home this afternoon.  After R's podiatry appointment we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and I picked up a few needed items at a nearby Wegmans. It will save a trip out tomorrow. We had leftovers for supper tonight and I can't wait to go to bed tonight.

I also had the shot in my non dominant arm. I hope your vaccination experience was good, Linda. The one here was well organized as far as the actual shot but there are still lots of people in their 80's and 90's trying to get the vaccine. Imo, they should have been prioritized.

I hope you have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad your weather was good, but sorry the appointment and errands were so tiring, Claudia.  Hope both you and R sleep well tonight.  

We didn't have any rain and the sun is out now, but it is extremely windy.  I still plan to go for a walk, but no sunhat.  Sorry that your mobility wasn't great, Barbara.  Hopefully, the Easter visit will be good for DD and family. 

The vaccine went okay, and I had it in my left arm.  The pharmacist said that it would hurt for a few days, but it was up to me.  I got the Pfizer vaccine by the way.  Most people around here had the Moderna, but I think they are equally good.  A man was there waiting at the same time, and he told me that his wife snagged the appointment for him -- very happy.  I'm really glad to finally have had the vaccine, and I'll try not to get too upset if I have a bunch of adverse reactions.  Fingers crossed that doesn't happen. 

I agree with you about older people getting the vaccine first, Claudia.  They have opened vaccinations up to younger people (55 and up) around here, and I hope there aren't many older people who have to wait.  

DD went to her OB-GYN for her annual check-up, and things seem to be fine.  But, the doctor told her to go on hormone cream.  She had her Pap smear, and now needs to schedule a mammogram, bone density test, and colonoscopy.  Not fun, but I know it is time, and I'm glad the doctor insisted. 

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

good afternoon.. my pain level is more manageable today,

even after allifvtgese years each flare is very different.

My cleaning service will clean this afternoon. I understand they do an excellent job. I am not doing too much because I do not want to rile things up

Linda..hope you are not having any reactions today. I knew it was yiur dd having her son and dil visiting,y brain often works faster than my fingers.

Claudia, hope you have recovered from your drive yesterday. I can imagine how tiring those use be.

enjoy.🌵🌵💕