Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS -- Week of March 7th

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope you and R are feeling okay today, Claudia.

Glad you aren't pushing things despite feeling better, Barbara.  Hope the cleaner works out.  I know DD loved her cleaner, but could not afford the services after a few times.  I have never had a cleaning service.  Probably should since I know I don't do a Class A job, but ......

I ordered a set of the storage containers (Periea) that they sell here -- small, medium, and large, and filled them today.  They do hold an amazing amount of "stuff".   It was also a good opportunity for me to declutter things.  I had a bunch of adult diapers leftover from DH, and I will donate them to the thrift store once it reopens next month.  It is pretty crazy that I have kept them all this time, but.....  

No problems with the vaccine so far.  I did have a sore arm last night, and got up to take a generic Tylenol around 1:30 a.m.  Not excruciating pain at all.  Today, I have been contacted by three people trying to get the vaccine locally.  Hope they are able to do so.  I think it is a big problem for older people who don't use computers.

I had my hair cut today, and my hairdresser said that her parents got their vaccines at the same place yesterday.  She is hoping it will open up to younger people soon.  

When it was time for me to leave for my appointment, there was a road crew blocking the driveway.  Fortunately, they moved so I wasn't delayed more than a couple of minutes.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I hope you are pleased with your cleaning service. Its a good idea not to overdo.

Today it was 70°. I celebrated by doing backyard cleanup. At least I'm making progress. Tippy supervised.

Tomorrow is Tippy and Maggie Mae's trip to the vet for shot updates in the morning. In the afternoon is R's appointment with the orthopedic surgeon to check his hip. Then I have to remember the farm milk.

R had a call this afternoon from the vascular surgeon's office. They moved up his appointment from 3/29 to 3/15. So we'll be making the 120+ miles rd. trip again on Monday. At least we won't need to leave at 6:30 this time. I'm definitely not a morning person and 9 am feels much more civilized. Lol.

I plan to stop at Wegmans again for a few things since we'll be driving past it. There's also a bakery partway home that tempts me.

Linda, I'm glad you had no problem with the vaccine besides a sore arm. I have another brand of storage containers and they do hold an amazing amount.

Have a nice evening.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon..it is cooler today but still nice.I had lunch with my former massage therapist and we had a nice visit.She iscfoing in home massages for select clients .I will be using her soon.

my cleaning ladies did a fabulous job. They were able to deeply clean some areas I can't get to. They will be back. 

Nothing really here.

enjoy. Q💕💕

Respected Contributor

The day started out sunny but by mid afternoon it was windy and some rain arrived.

Tippy and Maggie Mae got there shots updated. If I'd known R wasn't feeling great due to lack of sleep I would only have taken one of them.  Maggie bitterly complained up and back. Tippy slipped her harness luckily it was only in the examining room. R didn't want me to bother putting the harness back on so I clipped the leash to her collar and 93 pounds of Bernese Mtn. Dog dragged him out as he careened into the door frame. He was not pleased. In all the carrying on I forgot my cane. We were partway home when they called my cellphone and R wasn't about to go back. Ill pick it up tomorrow before R's acupuncture.

Other than that a quiet day. Lol. The yard cleanup continues.

I'm glad your pleased with the cleaning ladies and will be able to begin home massages from your former therapist, Barbara.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  It was cooler and windy here today.  They are predicting highs in the 50's on Saturday.  Yikes!

Glad you were happy with the cleaners, Barbara.  Having a massage at home sounds like a great idea.  

What an adventure you had, Claudia.  I would have waited on the cane as well.  I imagine you and R are tired again this evening.  Hope both of you can get some rest.

I was busy most of the day, which is okay.  DD said her teacher has been "fired" -- will not be teaching again after this class.  I know DD isn't happy with her, and apparently others felt the same.  DD isn't at all sure she will pass the certification test next month, but she seems pretty determined to finish some sort of studies and seek employment.  Of course, I am all for it.

Hope both of you and your husbands sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I know your DD was unhappy with the instructor, Linda. I hope she passes the certification. A shame the instructor was not competent.

Even though it's not 8 pm yet I'm heading to bed soon. I must remember to pick up the farm milk tomorrow after I retrieve the cane and before R's acupuncture. R had his follow up appointment with his hip surgeon this afternoon and goes back in 6 months. If no problem that will be his last appointment with him.

Respected Contributor

I am feeling the cooler weather..no real rain yet. I wish we could get some. 

I have a grocery pickup this afternoon. M and s are pretty easy to cook for...I am going to make her biryday dinner on Friday evening, but I need to find out what she wants.

Linda..good for dd to keep pursuing her certification. Fingers crossed that she can find a job quickly.  You do a good job of keeping yourself occupied.

Claudia..I believe this is another appointment day for you.hope you do not get too tired.

I am feeling ok..the high level of pain I was in has tamped down, 

have a good day.🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Glad the pain isn't as bad today, Barbara.  I'm not a fan of this cooler, windy weather, but I know it could be much worse.  I think there is a small chance of rain here today, and a bigger chance tomorrow.   Is M's birthday next Friday?  Today is DD's birthday, and she seemed to be having a very nice day when we spoke.

She got a facial, which she loved, and she was headed to Soma to look for a bra.  She said she might stop at another couple of stores plus have some lunch.  Later, she was picking up a birthday cake -- she will not eat it, but likes to have one.  

Her big excitement was that she lost another 2 1/2 pounds, and now weighs the same amount as when she and my SIL were married 28 years ago.  I sent her an Amazon gift card plus some money via Zelle, and she was very appreciative.

Sounds like you had a very busy day planned for today, Claudia.  Hope R gets some good news and can cut down on some of the doctor visits.

I finally have all the ingredients to make one of the recipes from the vegan cooking class, and that will be my project this afternoon.  I have done my exercise DVD, and may take a walk if the wind isn't too bad.

My hanging plant came yesterday, and i really like it.  There was a hook for hanging plants in the dining room, and that is where I have put it for now.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm glad your DD is enjoying her birthday. Great news on her weight loss. I hope you enjoy your vegan recipe.

I retrieved my cane this morning, picked up the milk, and filled the gas tank for Monday's trip. $3.49 a gallon for premium. Ugh.

I caught Tippy helping herself to Griffyn's food earlier. As soon as he came in he realized she'd eaten most of it.

No rain today and the temperature reached 60°. Yard cleanup continued as the snow is finally gone.

R is very fatigued and has no energy. I connect it to the doctor stopping his B12 supplement about the time she started him taking iron. He did get his acupuncture this afternoon.

I'm glad your pain is a bit better today, Barbara and hope that continues.

I'm glad the hanging plant is a keeper, Linda.

Have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

itis another cool windy day. I have a set from Chico's called Cosy soft and it is perfect for a day like today. I went tomParty City today to get balloons and a few other decorations for Sydnie. I was quite the crazy place but the clerks worked quickly to get my order done and then one carried it to the car . Sometimes being old has its benefits.lol

we are having dinner with our friends so I do not have to cook. ☺️☺️

Linda it is great that your daughter list all of that weight. She should be very happy. That is too bad Jean has TMJ...

Claudia..glad you retrieved yiur cane. I have 2 , one for the house and one for the car. Naughty Tippy for eating Griffins food. Hope r perks up.

I continue to feel better..about a 7 out of 10.

enjoy 🌵🌵🌵❣️