Respected Contributor

Re: Question about a Passport

On 5/13/2014 Jules5280 said:
On 5/13/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I've never had a passport. I don't intend to travel as I hate flying.

What if you won the lottery and wanted to take a slow boat to China? Smile Or at least a nice cruise in the Mediterranean, and wanted to get off on a few stops along the way? Never hurts to be prepared.

Nope. And I have no desire to cruise. Ever. The only cruise I'd consider is to Alaska. I'm really quite happy just staying put or traveling the U.S. I probably would even turn down a trip overseas if I won it. I just don't like flying. Period.

Super Contributor

What if you won the lottery and wanted to take a slow boat to China? Smile Or at least a nice cruise in the Mediterranean, and wanted to get off on a few stops along the way? Never hurts to be prepared.

Nope. And I have no desire to cruise. Ever. The only cruise I'd consider is to Alaska. I'm really quite happy just staying put or traveling the U.S. I probably would even turn down a trip overseas if I won it. I just don't like flying. Period.

Fair enough... but you even need a passport to travel to Canada or Mexico...and you can drive there. Just saying.....

Honored Contributor

where I live it is one of the things you might need to get or renew a driver's license.

Respected Contributor

Fair enough... but you even need a passport to travel to Canada or Mexico...and you can drive there. Just saying.....

Oh I know. I've lived in Canada so I'm good with not going there anytime soon. And Mexico? No way! I'll fly overseas before I got there.

My life is such that traveling anywhere within the next several years isn't going to happen.

Honored Contributor

On 5/13/2014 Clover29 said:

When DH and I applied for ours (our first, as freshly naturalized citizens) I looked online to see what other people's experiences were. The consensus seemed to be "three weeks".

Ours arrived exactly three weeks after we sent the form off. We didn't do expedited, just normal service.

That is the first thing I did as soon as I got my papers, see my post re DLicenses.

Honored Contributor

I got mine 4 years ago at the post office. It took a little under 2 weeks. If anyone is cruising to Alaska, you will need a passport because most of the ships stop in a Canadian port.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment