Trusted Contributor
On 4/4/2015 JustJazzmom said:
On 4/4/2015 beach-mom said:

Thanks ladies! I'm interested in the sweater A265576. If I go according to the sizing chart, as I've done many times in the past, quite often the item is too large. I'm right on the border. I stay true to size in Issac's tops; I don't like things tight and I have plenty of room. If I order a top from Denim and Co, I go down.

I have asked Louis on his Ask Louis section about the sizing on this particular garment; I asked on a thread about the striped sweaters here why the chest for a Small is 39" and the sweep or bottom edge of the garment is 34"? I thought is should be in the 40's or close to 39". Awaiting a response from Louis. I wear a 36C bra for reference re: ease of garment.

The bottom of the sweater is ribbed, so that's why the sweep looks smaller.

Respected Contributor

I am a size 10 in Talbots, 1 in Chico's, Sm bottom and Med top in Eileen Fisher. Most of the time medium tops in Linea work for me. I have never had success with his bottoms. Hope that helps.

Trusted Contributor

Louis allows more drape to his designs than many others do. But they are cut in such a way that they are not boxy. They have a shape.

Except in very, very rare cases I order my normal Linea Medium. I like drape in my clothes and am not a fan of a fitted look in a garment that is not designed to be fitted! Or is not designed to be a "stretch to fit" kind of garment.

That is my take on Linea sizing, although others like their garments more fitted.

Super Contributor

I read the reviews also the click here measurements. Most of the times I'm ok. I've been lucky with the Linea line. Not so with others. I find the reviews very helpful. The one item I won't buy is shoes. I rather take a chance at Zappos where there are lots of reviews and shipping both ways is free. With the high price of s&H I'm careful. I really have to love something to be willing to spend the extra money on S&H. As for Linea, I watch the video presentation to help me decide.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

How are you built. The Linea ladies will help you if you ask questions about a certain item on the forum.

Also, Louis has his own blog and he will help as much as he can. E.g. I was going to go down on the Poet's shirt because the measurements allowed me to, but he said he liked it the regular size. My size S fits perfectly; a smaller size would have been too tight in my generous chest (36 C.) Also I got help on the board.

I've only bought four items from Isaac and took a S in them. However I had to return a Isaac coat because the S was really small.

Honored Contributor

I just want to thank you ladies for all of your advice. I LOVE my French sailor sweaters! I got the navy and the red and have worn both. They're SO soft and comfortable. I also ended up ordering a navy and green cardigan. I'm one size on top and another on the bottom. Because I'm "hippy," sweaters that are fine on the bottom are often huge on top. I went with my "hip measurement" size for these and I'm glad I did. They have plenty of room, but because of the style they don't look really too big all over. Now I have an idea what to do. I'm sure I'll be ordering more Linea in the future! Smile