Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC never ceases to disappoint me!!!!

@ namealreadytaken:
I understand your frustrations. This kind of issue is what comes from shopping on an electronic shopping channel. Add to that the exorbitant shipping to/from prices, the lowered quality of fabrics and workmanship vs too high prices for said quality on fashion items.
I remember when quality was much better and you knew you always could expect quality in exchange for the convenience of tv shopping despite possibly paying a little more than you may in your own shopping area
But I'm not paying what they are charging for polyester and rayon. I've saved so much money since I stopped shopping here and started shopping elsewhere.
There's lots of websites that sell similar items to the JR sweater you mentioned. And you won't have this issue of losing money like you will here.
I get it. Let all these other folks who never seem to get tired of paying shipping over and over on trying on clothes and shoes.
Just saying
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Midmod wrote:
@ namealreadytaken:
I understand your frustrations. This kind of issue is what comes from shopping on an electronic shopping channel. Add to that the exorbitant shipping to/from prices, the lowered quality of fabrics and workmanship vs too high prices for said quality on fashion items.
I remember when quality was much better and you knew you always could expect quality in exchange for the convenience of tv shopping despite possibly paying a little more than you may in your own shopping area
But I'm not paying what they are charging for polyester and rayon. I've saved so much money since I stopped shopping here and started shopping elsewhere.
There's lots of websites that sell similar items to the JR sweater you mentioned. And you won't have this issue of losing money like you will here.
I get it. Let all these other folks who never seem to get tired of paying shipping over and over on trying on clothes and shoes.
Just saying

What a condescending post.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

I am sure when inventory gets sparse it triggers a clearance price.  I think your request is unreasonable.  Havent you said you were done before?

@spumoni99 

Yes, 3 years ago.  I will be happy to make your dream come true, that I will no longer shop here and you can buy all the merchandise that is sold out and you cannot swap.

I have never had to return an item of clothing, I use the exact measurements that are provided, I don't think guess work is a good idea when online shopping.  You have no idea what would make my dreams come true but I assure you it has nothing to do with your shopping habits!

Respected Contributor

I would just return the sweater, get a refund, and know not to order anything that has a size to it.

Respected Contributor

@namealreadytaken, you know that customers can buy any item from QVC at any time? Items aren’t just available while they’re on the air. You get that, right?
Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

I am sure when inventory gets sparse it triggers a clearance price.  I think your request is unreasonable.  Havent you said you were done before?

@spumoni99 

Yes, 3 years ago.  I will be happy to make your dream come true, that I will no longer shop here and you can buy all the merchandise that is sold out and you cannot swap.

I have never had to return an item of clothing, I use the exact measurements that are provided, I don't think guess work is a good idea when online shopping.  You have no idea what would make my dreams come true but I assure you it has nothing to do with your shopping habits!

@spumoni99 

That's what I always do:  use the exact measurements.  Sometimes it works but sometimes it does not.  I think I am in the majority of people for whom measurements are a shot in the dark.  Good for you. I believe, after all your posts, you are perfect and maybe you should be reigning over the kingdom.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shop ELSEWHERE. Instead of shopping on line, GO to an ACTUAL store where you can return an item and get a DIFFERENT size. SIMPLE solution.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

@spumoni99 

@spumoni99 

That's what I always do:  use the exact measurements.  Sometimes it works but sometimes it does not.  I think I am in the majority of people for whom measurements are a shot in the dark.  Good for you. I believe, after all your posts, you are perfect and maybe you should be reigning over the kingdom.

Something we can agree on!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I have to say, after selling clothes for 20 years, I have never heard such an odd statement. And I was sure, after 42 years in retail, that I had heard everything. 99.9% of the time, markdowns come from the home office. So the people at the store level have no idea what's going to be marked down. That's why most retail establishments give you a certain amount of time to get a price adjustment. No brick and mortar or online retailers hold back merchandise in case someone wants to exchange for size. I think you would be better off shopping brick and mortar where you can try things on. It took me a long time to order clothing online. I hate to return. But I agree with whoever said always check the measurements for the specific garment you're interested in. That has served me well.