Honored Contributor

Re: QVC & the Red Carpet Event

Was that the gold dress she couldn't even breathe in?
Super Contributor

I think it is a laughable embarrassing joke!
Trusted Contributor

I remember last year was one of the funniest shows on TV. Wasn't Lisa's dress the one that made her look like Mae West? Looked like an overstuffed mermaid. Boy will I miss it this year.
Super Contributor

I liked that mermaid dress.

Respected Contributor

yes

yes

and no

Super Contributor

Fun to watch, but ridiculous really since no one watching and buying from QVC is ever going to walk the red carpet, LOL!

Trusted Contributor

Oops. I guess the mermaid likes it too. Well, there's two votes for the dress
Honored Contributor

It comes under ""cost of doing business"" on the financial statement.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Total glam-cam for the host, Maybe they get one of those 80,000.00 dollar presenter bags?

INMO its a waste of $$$ and the cost is passed to us, the consumer. I see no reason for it. It cheapens QVC and is really silly.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Regular Contributor

On 2/20/2014 hulagirl said:
On 2/20/2014 sam29 said: Lisa's dress last year was a joke. If QVC paid one thin dime for it they got taken. If they don't throw away their money on this event, they will spend it elsewhere. It does offer some good stuff to chat about. That's something I guess.

Was that the dress where she couldn't sit down.....she stood there kind of crooked looking like a lamp??

Yes - couldn't sit, stand, walk or move period. They always went to a different scene when she had to sit or get anywhere.. I am sure QVC paid mucho $$$$$ to have that dressed designed. This year she appeared as a judge on project runway & she said that a dress should be comfortable to wear & be able to move in it freely. Really - why didn't she speak up last year when the dress was being made for her.

I for one don't like them doing the Red Carpet Event and it comes out of the consumer's wallet. Now if QVC & Lisa want to pay the cost out of their own pocket then that would be a different story...