Honored Contributor

Re: QVC & the Red Carpet Event

It is simply pathetic and points up everything QVC is NOT. Someone in management is seriously deluded if they don't see that.

Honored Contributor

It's so gimmicky. I am not interested
Respected Contributor

They have a lot of people on the payroll. Have to keep the executives, designers, dressers, hosts busy to justify their salaries. Hey it's the middle of winter in PA. Wouldn't you love a free trip to sunny LA? They are big fish in a small pond who get to hobnob with reality show celebrities in Hollywood.
Honored Contributor

I, too, have a hard time wrapping my head around this concept. If they were to sell specific evening wear & accessories for that hour, I could kinda see it, but...if it's the same 'ole, same 'ole...?? =:/

Respected Contributor

On 2/20/2014 sam29 said: Lisa's dress last year was a joke. If QVC paid one thin dime for it they got taken. If they don't throw away their money on this event, they will spend it elsewhere. It does offer some good stuff to chat about. That's something I guess.

Was that the dress where she couldn't sit down.....she stood there kind of crooked looking like a lamp??

Esteemed Contributor

If everything they sold were glamorous I could kind of see it. Pull out all the stops with beautiful clothing and accessories. A real fantasy show but the same old wrap dress is boring.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

i love it. so much fun.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Esteemed Contributor

I don't get it at all. It's not like they have big time red-carpet Ralph Lauren or movie stars to talk to. Lisa just gets a spot selling old usual stuff and talks to Courtney or whoever at another site. It's ridiculous. It's a lot of noise, but they could be anywhere doing it, like at the Q. It looks like nothing but a LR image builder. Perhaps if they had new and different hosts, along with fashion advice from fashion experts (not Lisa), I might watch. It's just a waste as far as I'm concerned.

Esteemed Contributor

I tend to like it - the problem is that QVC tends to ruin a good thing. It used to be the format to introduce new designers and have special items from their premiere designers. But, if they ruin it like they did the LRS, and show bronzo this and GILI that, then I won't be interested. I do like the some of the board comments - the funny snarky ones (I mean, come on, her dress was ridiculous last year!!) Just dislike the mean spirited, cruel comments that some people relish in.
Frequent Contributor

On 2/20/2014 hulagirl said:
On 2/20/2014 sam29 said: Lisa's dress last year was a joke. If QVC paid one thin dime for it they got taken. If they don't throw away their money on this event, they will spend it elsewhere. It does offer some good stuff to chat about. That's something I guess.

Was that the dress where she couldn't sit down.....she stood there kind of crooked looking like a lamp??

Yes, that was the one. Hysterical!