Frequent Contributor
As an avid shopper since Mar., I am telling on myself. I have returned numerous fashion items for various reasons. Mostly for quality or fitting. I keep hoping or maybe obsessive at this point that I find the item or designer that works for me. It's much easier to shop from my home!!!!
My question is on the $6.95 return label, does QVC make any monies on returns? It is bad enough that initial s/h on these items is wasted monies if I return.
The answer(s) may help me Stop my madness.
Thanks (I hope)!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure they do. I rarely use their return label- I pack a  couple returns together in a flat rate USPS package and end up pay much less per item for returning. I even buy the usps postage on usps.com and save a few more dollars that way! The packages  get to Q much faster than their return label process- so my return gets credited sooner as well. I only use their label when the return fee is waived. 

Respected Contributor

Return shipping fee is a real problem.  I returned a lot, got the very polite letter asking me to be more careful.  It was a wake-up call and has helped me.  I buy very few clothes here now.  Actually clothing here is a little expensive but along the price line of Coldwater Creek except CC has sales and sometimes shipping deals.  

Your best bet 2018 is to shop carefully, look carefully at each garment on the models, read reviews.  Next best plan is to do an exchange if you need it.  Or plan to keep the item no matter what!  The $6.95 is killer!  I have returned jeans and shoes on my own label and it was more than $6.95.

Valued Contributor

What is infuriating me is that they will pack two things in one box to me,  but when you go online (when you no longer have the original package) to print a return label, you have to print two of them.  I will no longer return multiple packages if they combine their shipments into one.

Honored Contributor

They sure do make money on the return postage charge, otherwise they would not do it.  Its greed, greed, greed.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

6.95 charge is not just for shopping but handling as well.  There are people working who receive, assess, sort, return to manufacture or repackage for restock etc. Nope, not a lot of profit marggin there if any. I cannot imagine what the company goes through because people shop for clothes this way.   I've only returned one item to QVC ever (defective back massager). 

Honored Contributor

If I had returned "numerous" clothing items to QVC, I'd be looking somewhere else to buy my clothes.  Plenty of other on-line choices available for clothing.  Or try one of the other shopping channels.

Frequent Contributor
Hello again and I appreciate the input. In response to some input, I thank you for sharing your experience with this. I am fairly sure that QVC has planned for returns and handling especially for "people who shop this way"
@LizzieInSRQ I wasn't looking for criticism or judgement on my habit but simply asking if QVC made monies on returns. It only takes one to be snarky! I was warned about these kind of people and
I found her/him. Goodbye.
Respected Contributor

@Ibby114  Very interesting how you do your returns.  May I ask what address do you return your packages to?

Most of the return labels seem to go to central sorting depot and take a long time to get credits.  Your way seems faster and easier!  Thank you for reply.

Honored Contributor

Their shipping and return label charges are a definite source of profit for the Q. This has even been mentioned in their quarterly reports to shareholders.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~