Respected Contributor
I work from home several days a week and usually do so in yoga crops or Anybody joggers. I guess I could press a blouse or put on some jeans, but I like my stretchy pants.

Today while working from home, my boss pulled me into a Skype meeting. I was wearing an Anybody message tee and crops with a cardigan over it and was not too sloppy to teleconference.

A few years ago, we had to dress up in the office. Two years ago, they put a wellness plan in place to encourage more movement. Participation was poor until they relaxed the dress code. Go figure, people are more inclined to take a walking break when they are encouraged to dress weather appropriate and wear comfortable shoes. I use a sit to stand desk both at home and at work and definitely stand more when I’m in casual pants and flat shoes.
Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

As I sit here in my hotel room in Temecula, CA waiting to leave for the airport, I’m wearing Duluth Trading Company Noga pants in black, longer tee shirt and my Merrill shoes. I came over here in jeans and a tee. I don’t think it’s sloppy unless it has holes, to tight or very baggy. I’m certainly not going to dress up to go back to 105 degree heat. Jeans, shorts etc are normal for where I live. If someone dresses up in Phoenix they’re either going to a funeral or job interview and even those are pretty casual. 

Hi Meowingkitty,

I too live in the Phoenix area and agree with you regarding our relaxed lifestyle. I wear alot of sun dresses because they are cooler in the summer heat here. Winter, I wear jeans.

Trusted Contributor

@Kay Vee wrote:

how about the leggings being worn as pants with cropped and short tops not a good look after 10 years old

This depends on the person's figure.  If a I had a killer body I would flaunt it. Lol.  Ohterwise not a good look.

Trusted Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
@Pink Dogwood Please don't make stereotypes about big people being sloppy and only wearing sweats and pajamas. Many of us actually do get off the couch and out of the house everyday and in other types of clothing. There's no need for fat shaming, as plenty of thin people wear this stuff too. I'm sure you know some big people, would you make these same comments to their face? Highly doubt it!

Although I am not a plus size person, my daughter is and she does not dress sloppy and would never be caught dead wearing leggings as pants or even wear sweats to go out and about.  She is very self conscious of her weight ) due to medical reasons) and always dresses neatly and appropriately. Due to her career and the position she holds, her work attire is mainly suits or dresses. 

Sloppiness comes in all sizes and ages.

Esteemed Contributor

Lisa Rinna and Barefoot Dreams are the only lines I buy on Q.

Regular Contributor

I like nice clothes.  But now that I am retired I get little chance to dress up  If I have an appointment or we go to dinner.  Otherwise I am home and dress for comfort live in a rural area and yes sometimes I am appalled at how some people dress for the grocery store or Walmart.  Jammies are very common.  Frankly I would rather see someone in sweats that in a cropped top and daisy dukes with rolls of fat hanging out.  My at home clothes are decent and yes I have alot of cuddl duds particularly the cardigans because I am always cold. w    Yes we dress much more casually.  Can;t live in the past.  Do what is right for you.

Honored Contributor

I cant believe how judgemental some of these posts are, even some blaming being overweight.  I think the phrase MYOB comes into play.  Dress how YOU want and dont fret about what someone else has on.  Geeeesh

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
New Contributor
I agree
The tunic offerings are getting old. How about some nice tailored tops to flatter your figure. Not everyone needs to cover up excess weight. Sorry..
New Contributor
I agree
The tunic offerings are getting old. How about some nice tailored tops to flatter your figure.
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon @SeaMaiden @Christies @Imaoldhippie @ginirn 

All of this type seemed to start with the increased use of synthetic fibers, such as rayon.

Yes it's soft and lovely to wear when it's new, but it begins to look ratty very early on.

The "pajama look" was encouraged too because most of us stayed at home during COVID.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~