Respected Contributor

So I watched a few of the fashion sale items today and it got me thinking. Hum ! what is a good fashion sale?  What would I buy that I would wear now, do I really need it and is it really a good sale price?  I saw a pair of SG pants A36142 marked down from $67 to $46.99.  I really don't need it but it's a stretch slim ankle pant, nice colors, good price but I'm going to pass. What's your plan for shopping the fashion sale? Do you plan to buy a lot no matter how much of a markdown (5%, 10%, 20%?) or will you be looking for REAL bargains (over 25% off) and do you really need more clothes?   Just curious as to what makes a sale a real sale and if the item is really a bargain for you. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Goodie2shoes !  I shop selectively and buy when a piece hits the point I'm willing to pay.  Frankly, that's been very seldom at the Q.  I find much more I want on HSN particularly in MarlaWynne.  Tonight I was able to snag a mock neck turtleneck I've had on my wishlist for a long time.  I'm pretty astute at using  wishlist to my advantage.  If I don't buy immediately when new, I didn't really want it.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes.  It's a tax-free weekend for me but I can't think of a thing I want or need.   I can't find places to store things I've already got.   Unless there's something gorgeous I haven't seen, I'll probably be order-less.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@ Kachina624 wrote: It's a tax-free weekend for me 

I forgot about that ! it's also a tax free weekend here in Missouri as well. Thanks for the reminder. My daughter did mention shopping this weekend for back to school for my 8 yo grandson.

Respected Contributor

Another question for my forum friends, do you check customer feedback before you make a purchase?  I was interested in a SG top on sale, A397782 Printed Liq Knit

Button front shirt, 29% off, very cute and when I checked the customer feedback 4.9 rating overall but reading some of the feedback made me back off since many noted the sizing off ( mainly posted a year ago or so). The problem may have been corrected since then.   

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't see anything interesting last night. And in August, it should be 50% or more sale!

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Another question for my forum friends, do you check customer feedback before you make a purchase?  I was interested in a SG top on sale, A397782 Printed Liq Knit

Button front shirt, 29% off, very cute and when I checked the customer feedback 4.9 rating overall but reading some of the feedback made me back off since many noted the sizing off ( mainly posted a year ago or so). The problem may have been corrected since then.   

@Goodie2shoes 

If a person dislikes the item very much, I look at all her purchases and when I find that she has given everything she ever bought except 1-2 items a 1-2, then I feel that this is just a prejudice person, maybe getting things, wearing them and sending them back within the 30-day time frame.  If, however, I read a person who gives everything a 5, I am also a bit suspicious. I like to read all the reasons for 5's and for 1-2's.  Then I base my decision on a mean of about 4 to 4.5%

Respected Contributor

I'm not expecting any great bargains on QVC, no matter what they call the day. When I want real bargains, I shop Macy's or Belk. Looks like the day will be heavy with Susan Graver and I don't purchase her clothes. Hope everyone finds some great bargains. Who doesn't love the idea, after wearing the same summer clothes the past few months, of getting some new designs with the promise of cooler weather!

Trusted Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I'm not expecting any great bargains on QVC, no matter what they call the day. When I want real bargains, I shop Macy's or Belk. Looks like the day will be heavy with Susan Graver and I don't purchase her clothes. Hope everyone finds some great bargains. Who doesn't love the idea, after wearing the same summer clothes the past few months, of getting some new designs with the promise of cooler weather!

@Carolina925  I get my best bargains at Macys....mainly because they have a nice selection of petites and I never have to return anything....I have already purchased 3 sweaters and can't wait for the cooler weather.  🍁

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@Goodie2shoes.  I don't buy anything without checking the sizing on the garment measurements chart.  Most things are very consistent at QVC but every once in awhile one will go rogue. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment