Trusted Contributor

I thought a 'Clearance' meant that the prices were suppose to go down not up!

I ordered/purchased on 12/27 - clearance for $27.52 -

A269482
Legacy Graduated Compression Trouser Socks Set / 4

I just checked and now the 'clearance price' is: $28.96.

Granted, the price may not have increased by much ... but it did increase ... some 'clearance'!

~

There was only one item that I really wanted to purchase from my Wish List (all of the other items are reminders) that I am unable to purchase at a B&M store and the price of that went up $8 ...

~

I rarely watch the Q, except for WEN, Tova, LDO, JM and a couple more, I have really limited my purchases to what I can't get at the B&M stores, which is now very few.  Oh well, saving $$$$$!

Honored Contributor

They either think we're dumb or not paying attention. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Clearance ???

[ Edited ]

I agree with you.  My idea of a clearance isn't the same as QVC.

I've been buying a lot of jewelry from HSN in the past few days.  They've been having some really good prices on their jewelry.  QVC ummm not so much.  Although I've always felt that with HSN one needs to be more careful because some of it isn't that well made.  I like Victoria Wieck and Colleen Lopez jewelry on HSN.  

In the past I bought some amazing jewelry by some amazing designers.  Now they aren't even on HSN anymore.

He isn't on HSN anymore but here's some designs by my favorite jewelry designer Richard Palermo:

Image result for Show me some Richard Palermo jewelry designs

Honored Contributor

QVC has always had problems with the definition of sale terms.... they've never been the standard definitions we've all been used to shopping in the RW.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

First of all, their clearance prices usually just make me laugh.  And the one thing I have noticed is this -- when they put something on clearance, they compare the QVC price (not the "featured price")  to the new clearance price.  Somtimes an item has never even been sold  at the "QVC price" -- only the "featured price."  So they are being kind of sneaky trying to make you think you are getting better savings than you really are, in my opinion.

Respected Contributor

They play a lot of pricing games.  I have yet to really see a true clearance on QVC

Valued Contributor

Clearance prices here are far from enticing.  I think that HSN has a much better definition of the word, and they also provide clearance seasonally, not just at the end of December. I usually can pick up a few good steals with their sales.  I appreciate that they actually do Jewelry and Clothing, Seasonal clearance shows too. I don't have to hunt around a website.  

What truly irritates me is more than once I have seen a "sale" price on the Q, and that new price was just downright embrassing.  There was an IM item shown during a live show back this spring, that less than three dollars off the original price (which was something in the area of $70-$80).  The funny thing was he and SK were touting it was on sale, before they really processed how much had been taken off the sticker price.  IM actually said, and I paraphrase "that can't be right, it is only a few dollars off", but it was correct and was not adjusted on screen or on line. Are you kidding me? How insulting.  

Honored Contributor

@12andcounting wrote:

First of all, their clearance prices usually just make me laugh.  And the one thing I have noticed is this -- when they put something on clearance, they compare the QVC price (not the "featured price")  to the new clearance price.  Somtimes an item has never even been sold  at the "QVC price" -- only the "featured price."  So they are being kind of sneaky trying to make you think you are getting better savings than you really are, in my opinion.

Bingo!!  Sometimes the item has even been offered at a Lunchtime Special price, but the Clearance price is more!

QVC does not want you to wait for sales.  They feel if they discount prices too much no one will shop the regular priced merchandise.  They offer minimal reductions; enough to entice you a bit, but not enough to make you wait for the sale.

Respected Contributor

Plus, they keep things in inventory forever.    They really never get rid of something.   Lol

Valued Contributor
Yeah QVC's idea of a clearance sale is a joke. I was watching the Christmas clearance yesterday, one of the items was on "sale", the host and vendor were so excited, talking about the clearance price. You would have thought the sale price was something- it was 2.04 off the original!!! What a joke!