Valued Contributor

Am I missing something? Haven't they always deducted return shipping from your refund? I recall a standard $5.95 (or something) with the easy return label. What exactly is different?

Respected Contributor

They no longer refund the initial shipping charge.

Trusted Contributor
On 4/8/2015 Beauty Maven said:

Am I missing something? Haven't they always deducted return shipping from your refund? I recall a standard $5.95 (or something) with the easy return label. What exactly is different?

They now deduct your ORIGINAL shipping cost as well. The shipping charge for apparel items is now $3.00, but if you return it, they charge you the $3.00 PLUS $6.95 if you use their label (which I never have).

So basically, it's 10 bucks to try it on and hope it fits.

Esteemed Contributor
I admit I'm lazy and should just look up myself, but what is the policy with items that aren't the new $3 or $5 shipping? Like, there were posts recently about the high shipping costs of some bags and shoes. Are those also subject to the new shipping, no refund, policy?
Trusted Contributor

I honestly do not recall the last time I purchased anything. I used to love Linea but lately just too many basics of which I already have plenty.

Super Contributor
On 4/8/2015 Alter Ego said: I admit I'm lazy and should just look up myself, but what is the policy with items that aren't the new $3 or $5 shipping? Like, there were posts recently about the high shipping costs of some bags and shoes. Are those also subject to the new shipping, no refund, policy?

Yes, that is correct. There is no refund on any item's original shipping charge, unless the item is defective or damaged.

So if you order a heater, for example and the shipping is $15, get it, and need to send it back because you don't like the color, decide it's too big, etc., you don't get your $15 bac. And you must pay to return it on your own, or use their return labels, and they deduct whatever the shipping is, on the label. For a heater, it would probably be $8.95 or $12.95.

If the heater is broken, or defective and doesn't work, then you get your original shipping charge back and they will not charge you for return shipping.

Super Contributor
On 4/8/2015 Beauty Maven said:

No. Before, if you ordered something and returned it because you don't like it, it doesn't fit, wrong color etc. you only had to pay to send it back to them. You got the original shipping charge refunded to you.

Now however in that above situation, you would not only have to pay to send it back to them, but they no longer give you back the original shipping charge.

Honored Contributor
It hasn't impacted my shopping. I usually don't return much. Due to my error, I had to send a couple clothing pieces back recently. I learned and will try not to make that miscalculation again.
Contributor

I think QVC is going to lose a lot of business from old customers like me who have been shopping with them since day one (1986). I returned something the other day and the amount they reimbursed me just didn't look right - so I called customer service and they confirmed that when using the return label you pay that and also the $3 or $5 or $12.95 or $20 it cost to ship that item. So, say I had ordered that nice little cabinet that Valerie was showing the other day.....the shipping on that is $49 - if it didn't fit into the room I was planning to put it in or just didn't go with the rest of the room and I had to send it back - I'd be out $49 plus $8.95 shipping. Same with clothes - I have ordered clothes in the past with QVC but you know how clothes are - most things just either don't fit or don't look right. So you're out $6.95 plus $3-$5. That adds up to a lot. QVC is just like any other store where you need to try things on, feel things in your hands for the quality, and so when you buy something from TV you really don't know what you're getting until it's in YOUR hands......so now that more is coming out of my pocket to buy something from QVC - I usually buy a TSV that is a very good price. Anything else I will price match elsewhere and buy it there with free shipping - like Kohls - they ship it to me and if I don't like it - a store is 1/2 mile from me. Target is also a 1/2 mile from me. Nordstrom has free ship/return. So now I'll watch QVC and buy it from another store at a lower price and free shipping/returns. Sometimes in life companies change policies - sometimes due to a change in leadership - and the policies that new leader creates can really bring down a business instead of uplifting it. I think in time QVC will go back to their old way of shipping costs not only because of less revenue coming in because of the change, but they will realize that the customer has the right to make those returns, because after all, they are only seeing it on TV and the customer needs to see and feel and test it; and it needs to be worth the cost to the customer to keep the product. All stores have to abide by this or else we take business elsewhere.

Respected Contributor
If I'm buying clothes and something doesn't fit or look right I basically have to now pay a fee to try something on.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18