Respected Contributor

I will say this - went mall shopping with my daughter and I could not believe some of the prints out there... If you wear anything more than a 12,you would look huge! That. Is one thing I like about One World Fashions - the prints work with your figure and not against it! You talk about a fashion nightmare - I could not wait to get out of there! I have no idea where some of these designers get their ideas from, seriously. I think their fit model must be a size 4 and they think it will work on everyone at any size! WRONG!!! Anyhow - my daughter and I had several good laughs...

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

I totally agree Camogirl.  The prints are incredibly ugly in most cases and oddly placed according to size.  But a few of my friends have shopped in the Women's Department (larger sizes) and the prints there have always been gaudy and really ugly.  For me, a little goes a long way. NO BIG PRINTS,  no matter what size.

Respected Contributor

I am generally not into prints, but have to say prints work wonders at camouflaging.  A woman who has rolls in her mid-section will definitely benefit from a print.  However, there are few nice prints around.  I prefer smaller geometrics or smaller florals.  Patchworks, large florals, or dizzying geometrics are horrid.  SG comes to mind.

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I will say this - went mall shopping with my daughter and I could not believe some of the prints out there... If you wear anything more than a 12,you would look huge! That. Is one thing I like about One World Fashions - the prints work with your figure and not against it! You talk about a fashion nightmare - I could not wait to get out of there! I have no idea where some of these designers get their ideas from, seriously. I think their fit model must be a size 4 and they think it will work on everyone at any size! WRONG!!! Anyhow - my daughter and I had several good laughs...

I don't need to camoflauge anything but I just don't like large prints anyway. And yes, they do make a person look larger which a lot of us don't really want. Yesterday I was in Macy's and the Charter Club tops were wall to wall prints. I left without buying anything....sigh.

Respected Contributor

I seem to fall in love with a pair of printed bottoms every summer.  

Honored Contributor

My mother used to say "that woman isn't wearing that print ... that print is wearing her! "    

They can really overwhelm the wearer, but clothing manufacturers  don't seem to think about that.    Yesterday I saw a woman wearing what looked like printed curtains ...  not a good look.

Esteemed Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

I seem to fall in love with a pair of printed bottoms every summer.  

Same here, @islandgrrl. Not interested in the printed top, but I'm liking the bottoms. 8)

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Yikes! One World Fashions prints work with your figure? Really? I can always tell when a woman has donned this brand because I can see them coming from yards away!! And not in a good way. Blech!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I am drawn to printed bottoms like a magnet! I ordered another pair last week and cancelled the order because I came to my senses, ha ha. My little obsession I guess.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I wear a lot more prints since losing weight but there are prints that are done well & ones that are just used w/o any thought of planning. I'm very careful about what prints I buy and how I wear them.

Most One World clothes have prints that are way too busy for my personal taste. I have seen a few I like & would wear but I have not bought anything from that brand yet.