Frequent Contributor

Why, for instance, are the tencel items so expensive?  I bought a maxi skirt with snaps down the front at Macy's (one of their top and most expensive brands) for $70.  The pants just shown on PMS were twice that. It's ridiculous.

Trusted Contributor

@BradyW wrote:

Why, for instance, are the tencel items so expensive?  I bought a maxi skirt with snaps down the front at Macy's (one of their top and most expensive brands) for $70.  The pants just shown on PMS were twice that. It's ridiculous.

I personally have found that many of the clothing brands qvc carries have gone up in price. Lori Goldsteins pieces are very expensive and having purchased a few, I have to say that they don't hold up to looking fresh and new after even a couple washings.  And then there is the sizing problem with all these different companies. I do like Martha Stewart's clothing line and her prices are not over the top ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

I purchased a tencel shirt and pants quite a few years ago.  I remember it was pretty expensive, but I got a nice monetary gift for my birthday so I splurged..  I liked the light feel of the fabric and thought it would be great for the hot summers.

i didn't like the fabric at all.  It had no give and I didn't like the way the way the fabric behaved  after it was washed.  It also needed ironed and the wrinkles were difficult to get out.  My pants were navy and they always had a light shading or streaks that I didn't like that appeared after washing.  I would rinse and rinse, but they must have  been permanent.

I do like Tencel when mixed with cotton, just not when used alone.