Honored Contributor

Re: Praise for Martha Stewart and Isaac Mizrahi Jeans

I LOVE Martha Stewart's jeans!  I have 4 pairs now!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@World Travelerwrote:

Forgot to mention that both MS and IM jeans have waistlines that comfortably fit right at  my waist. I do not like the pants that are below the waist, so I was pleasantly surprised to see how they fit me perfectly in that area.

One thing I would prefer in this MS jean is to have a little larger front pocket area. It is a bit smaller than regular front jean pockets. You can put your car keys in there and maybe a stick of gum or lipstick. But not much more without bulging. That is just a personal observation. It might not be a problem for anyone else. The two back pockets are normal size and are a nice fit.

I was tempted to purchase the pull on jeans but the color i wanted was sold out.....but one thing i was wondering is how much stretch is there in the waistband area.....a little, good amount, alot??..............thanks

Respected Contributor

I just read the reviews on the MS jeans and there were several comments that the leg seams were crooked, making the snaps turn to the front of the leg.  I'm glad the OP got a good pair.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17wrote:

@World Travelerwrote:

Forgot to mention that both MS and IM jeans have waistlines that comfortably fit right at  my waist. I do not like the pants that are below the waist, so I was pleasantly surprised to see how they fit me perfectly in that area.

One thing I would prefer in this MS jean is to have a little larger front pocket area. It is a bit smaller than regular front jean pockets. You can put your car keys in there and maybe a stick of gum or lipstick. But not much more without bulging. That is just a personal observation. It might not be a problem for anyone else. The two back pockets are normal size and are a nice fit.

I was tempted to purchase the pull on jeans but the color i wanted was sold out.....but one thing i was wondering is how much stretch is there in the waistband area.....a little, good amount, alot??..............thanks

@kelsey17 Don't want to sound like Goldilocks, but it was just right! ha! What I mean by that is that it was snug enough that I didn't worry about it showing any of my back side when I was stooping over to pick up something (ha!), but it was not too tight that I was aware of the waistband. Does that make sense? There is enough stretch to allow me to exercise at the gym and not have them fall down or cut into my waist. They hug my waist nicely.

I totally loved the feel and stretch in these soft jeans. I am seriously thinking of wearing them tomorrow when I have an eight-hour drive. That's how comfortable they are for me. The band is two inches wide and is one of the best bands on pants I have had.

Of course, we all differ in our shapes (and bulges!), but for me this was perfect. I am around 5 feet, 5-1/2 inches to 5 feet, 6 inches tall, and I purchased a medium size. It fits particularly well in the seat area. And the legs fit great inside my boots today.

Really can't say enough about this item, other than I would like a little deeper front pocket; but it is not going to stop me from ordering more in different colors.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Travelerwrote:

@kelsey17wrote:

@World Travelerwrote:

@kelsey17 Don't want to sound like Goldilocks, but it was just right! ha! What I mean by that is that it was snug enough that I didn't worry about it showing any of my back side when I was stooping over to pick up something (ha!), but it was not too tight that I was aware of the waistband. Does that make sense? There is enough stretch to allow me to exercise at the gym and not have them fall down or cut into my waist. They hug my waist nicely.

I totally loved the feel and stretch in these soft jeans. I am seriously thinking of wearing them tomorrow when I have an eight-hour drive. That's how comfortable they are for me. The band is two inches wide and is one of the best bands on pants I have had.

Of course, we all differ in our shapes (and bulges!), but for me this was perfect. I am around 5 feet, 5-1/2 inches to 5 feet, 6 inches tall, and I purchased a medium size. It fits particularly well in the seat area. And the legs fit great inside my boots today.

Really can't say enough about this item, other than I would like a little deeper front pocket; but it is not going to stop me from ordering more in different colors.

THANKS so much for your comments.....yes..they helped me alot!

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  I've read this about those snaps on MS jeans too. I'm hoping the 2 pr I'm expecting won't be too skewed on me.

Honored Contributor

Just an update on the MS jeans I spoke about. I just spent eight hours driving my car today and decided to see how comfortable Martha's jeans (at least this particular one) are. I am pleased to tell you that I still have them on, even though I normally get into other clothes when I get home.

I paid particular attention to the waistband, wondering if it would retain its position and not roll over after sitting so long. It is still where it should be, did not cut into my skin at all.

What Martha (and maybe others) did was not put in an elastic piece inside the material, at least I don't see that there is one. The two-in ch waistband is the same stretch as the legs on the pants, not depending upon the normal stretch band that is sown inside the material.

Really am so glad I purchased these!

Trusted Contributor

I just wanted to chime in here.  I took a chance and ordered the Martha Stewart pull on skinny jeans with side snaps in the petite length.  One thing I noticed when ordering is that the waist is very generous which is important for me.

I have a lot of weight around my abdomen (more than usual for plus size because of some medical issues).  I always wear size 1x in the Denim & Co. pull on jeans, but I ordered size 22 in the Martha Stewart Jeans.  The fit was really comfortable in the waistline.  Love whatever she did there with the stretch that does not even feel like stretch.

The fabric of cotton, polyester and elastine is awesome.  Feels so soft.  I did think they were overdoing the description of softness in the presentation, but just not so.  Softest ever.

The only thing that was not perfect for me was below the abdomen in the upper leg.  It does not feel like a skinny jean on me in that area, but fine when it gets closer to my knees and below.  This is not unusual for me.  Probably just the excess in my abdomen.  I cannot size down to get tighter fit in my problem area, because they would be too tight around abdomen.  I am going on and on but really want to try an help anyone with similar issues.

I have my bleached denim pair in the laundry right now.  Hoping there may be a little shrinkage to make up for my issues.

In spite of everything, am thinking about ordering the white just because of the softness of this fabric.  My compliments to Martha Stewart for this fabric.