Honored Contributor

Re: Polo Ralph Lauren Patchwork Jacket

Love it! Ii don’t have any fabric patchwork jackets but several knitted and crocheted patchwork.

Fun to make and fun to wear.
Respected Contributor

I like patchwork fabrics.  I'm not a fan of encased elastic at the bottom of jackets.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This jacket reminds me so much of a shirt I wore circa 1972-1974.  It was an ivory muslin shirt, buttoned down the front with long sleeves, with various plaid patches sewn into the muslin.  It had a tight fit and was one of my very favorite shirts.  Bought it for a song in a local head shop/import/export store.  Went with all my jeans and I always felt good wearing it. 

This jacket is much girlier in the prints chosen for it.  I don't hate it, but I wouldn't buy it either.  Maybe it is nicer in person than in the photo but does look kinda grandma.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I like it a lot! And I usually don't go for bombers but the patterns and the pretty collar make it interesting. I wear mostly solids so it would be easy to incorporate

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chessylady 

Madras

Talbots has this skirt, mask, and Bermuda shorts.

The skirt would be on the way to me, except it is only 19”. 

Love the colors.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

No, I don't like it.  It's not something I would wear.

Regular Contributor

I love it!
Esteemed Contributor

I've never cared for the Patchwork look on any article of clothing nor on a quilt.  It's a hard pass for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I'm not a patchwork clothing person so is not for me. It definitely reminds me of quilts my grandmother & mother made. Loved those quilts.