Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Can you post the bottom half to see the shoes too?

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

I like this look from Reese.  Her Draper James line has cute things but expensive.

Image result for polished spring look

Since you live in TN have you been to the store? I think her line has cute things too. And she's just too cute.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

No, I've not been there.  Just looked at her stuff online.  I think that there is a second store now in Buckhead.  Buckhead is a wealthy community outside of Atlanta.  The Draper James line has a definite preppy feel to it but I think that the clothes are really cute.  Unfortunately, they are out of my price range! 

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I'd classify the look itself as polished.  The model herself may be as she has neat (as in "tidy") hair, which I always think is one component of being polished.

It looks more as if she is shopping, and someone snapped her picture as she was trying on the jacket over the clothes she wore to the department store.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I'm not sure I'd classify the look itself as polished.  The model herself may be as she has neat (as in "tidy") hair, which I always think is one component of being polished.

It looks more as if she is shopping, and someone snapped her picture as she was trying on the jacket over the clothes she wore to the department store.

@GingerPeach 

Please post a polished spring look that you would wear.Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks for asking, @lolakimono , but "polished" isn't in my wardrobe vocabulary these days. I don't have occasion to be that elevated.  

Neat, yes.  Clean, sure.  Coordinated, definitely.  But I have never been a traditionalist insofar as Chanel-type looks, which seem to be one of the hallmarks of polished.  Not always, but you do see it when "polished" comes up.

I can recognize a polished look, but have no real occasion to wear one.  When I was still working, I did get compliments on what I wore, so I was probably rather polished-looking back then.   

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  The first jacket you posted goes very well with the tailored jeans with the stitching and buttons at the ankle. I like both jackets with jeans. But for me, personally, I like the 2nd jacket best.

@ECBG  I love the black pants you posted, and the jacket. To me, the white blouse is out of proportion with them. The length of the blouse seems to cut the model with volume at an odd spot. I'd love the outfit even more with a shorter blouse or a tuck. I'd like to see the footwear with a midi skirt, and the earrings are fabulous!

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@lolakimono  The first jacket you posted goes very well with the tailored jeans with the stitching and buttons at the ankle. I like both jackets with jeans. But for me, personally, I like the 2nd jacket best.

@ECBG  I love the black pants you posted, and the jacket. To me, the white blouse is out of proportion with them. The length of the blouse seems to cut the model with volume at an odd spot. I'd love the outfit even more with a shorter blouse or a tuck. I'd like to see the footwear with a midi skirt, and the earrings are fabulous!

@Desert Lily Thank you @Desert Lily .  As you know, I am a professional stylist after retiring teaching.  I believe in classic Chanel, the blouse ends befour the jacket so there isn't a white blouse line across her hips from the back as she walks away.

Honored Contributor

I like this. I would change the shoes to black flats. 

howtowearjeanstowork2.jpg

Honored Contributor

For a cooler Spring day. I love this bag with this jacket, so pretty.

Fashion-Jackson-Blanknyc-Suede-Moto-Jacket-Black-Sweater-7-For-All-Mankind-Grey-Skinny-Jeans-Celine-Mini-Belt-Bag-Christian-Louboutin-Black-Pumps-1 (1).jpg