Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please stop with the hoodies

@beach-mom I agree with your comment that it really depends on the situation. I like hoods on my coats because if it is a cold day, that keeps my neck warm. I like hooded sweatshirts too and use them often when I travel.

I just don't need a hood on everything - especially not on my sleepwear!  LOL that's just me and as others have stated, yes there are options that can be found.  It's just a bit frustrating when I see a cute top and would prefer it NOT have the hood on it. 

I have a collection of sweatshirts (w and w/o hoods), heavier weight shirts, etc.  Gee I think maybe I have too many clothes.  Over the weekend, we went from cold & windy to SUMMER in a day.  I was digging out my short sleeved tops.  

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I stopped liking hoodies when they became the preferred outfit for criminals.  

Huh, @santorini?. Where do you see these criminals?

I see wealthy people like Justin Bieber, the Facebook guy, harry styles, kylie jenner, even Melania Trump wearing them.  I do like them because I am always losing scarfs, and wearing them, I don't need a scarf.  And if I am caught in a light rain, I can protect my hair.  Very functional and many times stylish.  

When I see criminals, they are usually wearing suits when they get their verdicts.

Seriously?  On the news, of course.  Every video clip they show of a crime in progress has the criminal in a hoodie closed tightly around his/her head to conceal their identity.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Wow....there is a lot of hoodie-hating today.....I, for one, love hoodies! To each their own. 

I don't hate hoodies.  I hated that we were inundated with them at one time.  I found a lovely cashmere duster that I absolutely felt I had to have.  It had a hoodie and the hoodie did not fit right, even when needed.  It did not lay right and I could not make it look good folded any such way or just "flopping" which is what it did.  I think too many designers decided that in order to sell, they must put a hood on everything. As one poster stated, I was looking for hoodies on shoes next.  I love my trench with a hoodie and I have some zip-up sweat shirt/sweaters that I love for winter to keep my face and head from freezing.  For summertime, I don't get it.

@Nonametoday  In the summer, lightweight hoodies are great for those days with sudden light showers.  Love them!  No need to worry about carrying an umbrella.

Esteemed Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

ITA!  I even hate the word - hoodie.   It is a hooded sweatshirt!  Pet Peeve!

@avid shopper Not everything with a hood is a sweatshirt.

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@beach-mom I agree with your comment that it really depends on the situation. I like hoods on my coats because if it is a cold day, that keeps my neck warm. I like hooded sweatshirts too and use them often when I travel.

I just don't need a hood on everything - especially not on my sleepwear!  LOL that's just me and as others have stated, yes there are options that can be found.  It's just a bit frustrating when I see a cute top and would prefer it NOT have the hood on it. 

I have a collection of sweatshirts (w and w/o hoods), heavier weight shirts, etc.  Gee I think maybe I have too many clothes.  Over the weekend, we went from cold & windy to SUMMER in a day.  I was digging out my short sleeved tops.  

@GinaV24   I do love hoods in some of my sleepwear/lougewear.  Ever heard of a sleep cap?  Heads and necks can get cold too, or we use them to protect our hair.

Janmercy 2 Pcs Sleeping Cap for Men Adjustable Sleep Cap Men Buffalo Plaid Night Hat Adult with Ball Tassel

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

The only time I like a hood is on winter outerwear or a raincoat.  Don't understand a hoodie on bathrobes or other lounge wear.  As another poster stated, there have been times when I saw an item I liked but noted it had a "hoodie" and skipped it.  Too bad!

@kaydee50   @No1Nana 

I have a hoodie on my winter coat, and that's plenty!

Hoodies tend to drag the neckline back and the front can choke when it's pulled up to your throat.  Hate that.  

IMO, the ONLY reason you need a hoodie in the house is if your roof is leaking!  

Esteemed Contributor

Like hoodies for cooler weather.  Have a nice Nike halfzip on right now.  Even though I rarely put up the hood, they nestle nicely around your neck for warmth.