Trusted Contributor

Re: Please stop with the hoodies

@No1Nana 

I understand what you are saying. Because I have a shorter neck a true hoodie sweatshirt does not work for me. However, a sweater with a hood works. There are so many sweaters and tops/jackets offered without hoods that I would imagine you could find many things to your liking. 

When I searched "sweaters", I found over 1,400. When I searched sweaters with hoods I got 239 results. That leaves well over 1,000 sweaters without hoods. 

In my opinion, there are many items that don't work for me but I can always find things that do. I'm pretty confident you can find what you are looking for, if not on QVC or HSN, there are other retailers that offer your preference. 

with hoodie.jpeg

sweaters.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@No1Nana   Sweatshirt season may be over, but I would think you could get a plain one at Walmart, Target, JcPenney's or equivalent store near you.  At QVC, Peace Love World, Logo Lounge and I believe Belle have sweatshirts/terry tops without hoods.  I have bought the first 2 brands and I like them.  You can probably find things on sale right now, since they are not in season.

Happy shopping!

Honored Contributor

Love hoodies!

So handy if it gets a little drafty in a room.

Absolute necessity for me when traveling on a plane and the air from the vent for the person sitting next to me is hitting me!

And I walk out by the ocean in the evenings, so a hoodie is nice when the breezes whip up before I get home.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like full zip hoodie jackets. I own a few and wear mine as a casual layer around the house or out on errands sometimes. I rarely put the hood up, but I like the sporty detail of a hood. 

What I don't like are crew neck hooded tops, sweaters, and sweatshirts. Those are too confining for me, and they're difficult to get on and off over my head. 

Honored Contributor

I'm a hoodie........Always have been.

However, I have a couple of hooded tops (and also one sweatshirt) where the opening is a bit tight.....a struggle to get the hoodie on and off.

It's always a good idea to find pullover hoodies that have a big enough neck area opening.

Cardigan, zip front, and partial zip at the top are easier to put on, and more important, take off. That's when it's a struggle.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I stopped liking hoodies when they became the preferred outfit for criminals.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like hoodies, have hoodless too, both are so easy to find so...no to stop hoodies & yes to more of both styles.

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 Your post reminded me to mention the distinction between a sweatshirt and a sweater. I do not wear sweaters. I don't like how they feel on my body. I want only a sweatshirt. Then it gets more complicated. I cannot have a crew neck. It has to scoop down a bit or have a v-neck with no hood.

When I search for a sweatshirt the response on many sites I use has always included sweaters with no sweatshirts. I switched to flannel shirts for winter. I did try two Idina Menzel half sip tops. They are OK, but I would prefer a sweatshirt made from sweatshirt material.

Esteemed Contributor

YES! Thank you! I thought it was the only one that dislikes hoodies. I have a few that I like, but mostly they end up falling back on my neck and choking me. I know a lot of my friends love them, but I'm just not a fan.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I read an article by a noted fashion expert (I wish I could remember who it was!) who said no woman over 21 should wear a hoodie.

I didn't for a long time. Then we went on a two-day trip in the summer and got caught in colder weather. An oversized hoodie was one of the few I could find to buy.

Now I have some lightweight ones. They're great for cool summer nights. I also put my hood up in a movie theater so I can lean back in the seat.

They do come in handy sometimes!   Smiley Wink