Occasional Contributor

I am a curvy petite (about 5' 3"). I would like a Basso fur that would look nice on an evening out, but that I could also wear to work. I think I need a belted style so I don't look like a big fuzzy weekble.

Ordered A212101 in large thinking it would be versatile because I could reverse it. Although it fit, I didn't like it enough to keep. Not very warm and non-fur side looked cheap to me. Pretty collar, but that was all I liked.

Now trying to decide between A238381 (was a recent TSV with drawstring) or A229745 (sculpted fur draped collar with belt). The drawstring coat has similar measurements to the one I sent back, so I think it will fit. Not sure if it could be dressed up? Looks a little casual. The belted coat has been on my wish list for a long time, but I'm a little worried it might overwhelm me even with the belt.

Honored Contributor

Choice 1-

Choice 2-

Honored Contributor

I like the looks of choice one more, because of the hood and the sleeves. I think the collar and choice two might overwhelm a petite.

Respected Contributor

I have choice 1 in the burgundy and LOVE it. I wear it all the time for an everyday coat with jeans and sweaters, but have dressed it up and it looks great that way too. Black would be the dressiest of course, but the colors are very rich and beautiful.

The second choice is dressier and looks a bit overwhelming.

Honored Contributor

This is also available at Belk. It looks like a flattering cut.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/12/2014 lolakimono said:

This is also available at Belk. It looks like a flattering cut.

Jones New York Outerwear Faux Fur Toggle Jacket

I like that Lola!

Of the Basso choices, my pick would be #2. I'm a curvy petite too.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the help, especially the pics! I would order both and try them out, but that shipping and handling is a killer.

I like that first Belk option too. Kind of fits my personality.

Honored Contributor

I like choice one because of the hood. I like a coat to be practical and as of late have been putting my hood up alot.

Honored Contributor

Well A238381 was liked by many, many people. I don't know if that makes a difference. I am around 5'4" tall.

I get what I like. I have lost quite a lot of weight over this last year (just can't smell or taste so don't eat). Not really healthy.

I think if I were you I'd get the one I mentioned since so many people really liked it. You can always send it back.

Please let us know how it works out. I always enjoy seeing the end result. Annabelle.