Super Contributor

Re: Please give suggestions for VINTAGE COLLECTION of women's items. Thank you!

Vintage kitchen items from the 30's-70's are all the rage right now. Some very cute things and they are not only decorative, but actually useable. Dishes, cookware, Pyrex, canisters, glassware, salt and pepper shakers,aprons, Made in Japan items, etc. Check out Pinterest for vintage kitchen and you will see all kinds of things. I like to collect vintage kitchen items with cherries on them as an example. So much fun!Smile

Super Contributor

On 2/27/2015 LolaMontez said:

Vintage kitchen items from the 30's-70's are all the rage right now. Some very cute things and they are not only decorative, but actually useable. Dishes, cookware, Pyrex, canisters, glassware, salt and pepper shakers,aprons, Made in Japan items, etc. Check out Pinterest for vintage kitchen and you will see all kinds of things. I like to collect vintage kitchen items with cherries on them as an example. So much fun!Smile

Thanks, Lola! I've had my eye on some salt and peppers! I have a piece of Tupperware, but I never thought of a piece of Pyrex! Very iconic! :0)
Honored Contributor

you might want to check out the website modcloth.com......they have a lot of vintage looking styles of clothing, accessories, and home/kitschy items. i would also say have a look at etsy.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

One of those plastic rain bonnets that came in it's own little pouch and also one of those plastic coin holders that opened (kind of looked like a mouth?!). This is cool! Remember the little tear off receipt that the newspaper boy used to give out each time you paid? About the size of a postage stamp? And how about S and H Green Stamps and the catalog?The little whimsy style hats my mom used to wear to church in the sixties. Lastly, a hooded dryer with the long tube and the accompanying case it came in.

Super Contributor

On 2/27/2015 sunshine45 said:

you might want to check out the website modcloth.com......they have a lot of vintage looking styles of clothing, accessories, and home/kitschy items. i would also say have a look at etsy.

Thanks! I will be sure to check them out!
Super Contributor

On 2/27/2015 FastDogWalker2 said:

One of those plastic rain bonnets that came in it's own little pouch and also one of those plastic coin holders that opened (kind of looked like a mouth?!). This is cool! Remember the little tear off receipt that the newspaper boy used to give out each time you paid? About the size of a postage stamp? And how about S and H Green Stamps and the catalog?The little whimsy style hats my mom used to wear to church in the sixties. Lastly, a hooded dryer with the long tube and the accompanying case it came in.

Ah, yes, those squeezy coin holders! I have some S&Hs, and even some I'd never heard of, like tartan and gold stamps! I would love to have a newspaper stub, that's the kind of stuff EVERYONE had, but are like unicorn tears now, lol! Thanks for the ideas!
Valued Contributor

How would one display these? Or are they meant to be for sale?

Super Contributor

Smelling salts. Ladies carried a bottle in case of feeling faint. Yardley's made one type to carry in a purse. Pretty little vials that gave a whiff of ammonia with some fragrance.

My mother always had the bottle at the ready, along with a scented handkerchief, and an Estee Lauder compact. These and a dime for a phone call took care of any "emergency".

Hair nets to keep the once a week set in place. My Nana depended on these.

Pettipants. Took the place of a half slip.

Perfume atomizers with the squeeze bulb. Very glam.

My personal treasure: white go-go boots ("Woolie Bully" on the stereo)

Valued Contributor

green stamps/ book/ catalog?

Super Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Zita said:

How would one display these? Or are they meant to be for sale?

Now that the kiddos are out and on their own, I've 'commandeered' a bedroom, lol!