Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please give suggestions for VINTAGE COLLECTION of women's items. Thank you!

Penny-I don't mean to take over your thread, but it really has me reminiscing{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Anybody remember this?

Image result for OJ's Beauty lotion

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

That mascara was so hard to use. I had forgot about that product.

We didn't worry back then if we were going to have flakes or black under our eyes.

Life was so simple then

Super Contributor

Ladies, these posts are so wonderful! I'm on my iPad now, but if I was on the computer, I would put one of those faces with the hearts on it at the end of this post!!!! Loving the memories and the 'new ideas' for the collection!!! :0)
Super Contributor

On 2/27/2015 GoodStuff said:

What a fun assignment! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

How about a girdle and/or a garterbelt with the little hanging garter fasteners to hold up hosiery? How about old-fashioned stockings with seams down the back? Crisp crinolines to make full skirts stand out? Bobby socks? A bonnet hairdryer with a long air-hose? One of those electrified permanent wave machines with heated perm rollers that they had in old fashioned salons? How about cone bras from the 50's, sanitary panties with a plastic shield in the crotch, embroidered cloth hankies, a selection of dress-up hats and gloves, pincurl clips, a teasing comb, a net curler bonnet, and a satin pillowcase to keep your hairdo from messing up while you sleep? How about a monogrammed fabric handbag with a wooden handle? How about circle pins and monogrammed gold oval pins?

Got it! Mine has several wool interchangeable bags that button on and off.

Super Contributor

Heart, that sounds really cute!
Honored Contributor

Penney, FYI the Vermont Country Store-- catalog and online-- sells new versions of some of these wonderful retro products. I love looking through their catalogs.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

Thanks, Handy! I'll give them a look-see! :0)
Super Contributor

UNIQUE VINTAGE.COM. Great.

Super Contributor

On 3/4/2015 sugarflake said:

UNIQUE VINTAGE.COM. Great.

Cute vintage-inspired fashions, LOVE the snoods!!! Too cute, sugarflake!
Valued Contributor

OMG @ PENNEYT~~~The "SMELLING SALTS"! I can remember my Sicilan Gma carrying them in her purse constantly! I remember one year, it was Mothers Day if I'm remembering correctly, my entire family (appx. 30 people) went out for dinner and, she had. "spell". I think it's what we know call an anxiety attack? One of the adults got ice wTer, another got her smelling salts....and back she came! All p.o'd because she felt embarrassed! My Dad and his brothers all ordered double scotch and sodas when it was over! Terrible for her, but one of those childhood memories that live in the recesses of the brain, until triggered. It was funny re bearing that event!