Super Contributor

Re: Perhaps WE could start threads about Host Bashers...of course, I wouldn't, but...

Oh lord, this is what I meant in my previous post, this is a free for all among the bashers and defenders. No one wins here, neither side will change the others mind. Lots of energy spent here.
Respected Contributor

Re: Perhaps WE could start threads about Host Bashers...of course, I wouldn't, but...

n/m

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2014 CouponQueen said:

I don't watch Lisa. Like her or dislike her. I am totally indifferent to her.

What is amazing to me all the time is that other woman are so intent on bashing her. Okay if you don't want to call it bullying but it is bashing. If my child even thought of making the comments about another student in school that are made her by adults about another adult woman they would be in for a good talking to and we would have a sit down and discuss it.

If people do not like Lisa..do not like what she says, does or puts on her FB ..why watch her, listen to her or even go to her PERSONAL page and read it??

She is doing her job..nothing more nothing less..and she is doing it in the manner that he company and bosses obviously approve of. Obviously she has quite the sales and following. People say they are not jealous, of course they are. What other reason can adult mature women have for tearing down another woman like that?

Okay I get it, she is in the public eye so to speak but has anybody ever heard if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say it? I have worked with the mentally ill for over 26 years in every aspect ..and I often have told my patients...just because you can say it..doesn't mean you should. Seriously ladies - we don't want our kids talking about others like this but it is okay to come here and do it because why? She is a host you dont like??

No one poster is paying her salary lol..if you have a comment about an item or her technique then contact Corporate but to make fun and bash her for everything under the sun says more about you then her!

I say lets see photos of the bashers so to speak, lets see their clothes, purses, homes, doing their job, their activities their life and lets see them picked apart!!

The same could be said about the way posters are bashing other posters for their opinions about Lisa. It goes both ways.

Posters are mad that all the host/vendor "bashing" threads are ruining the board but the posters bashing other posters are doing a pretty good job of ruining the board as well.

If I have a complaint about a host, I'll feel free to post it right here. I have no desire to call corporate about it. I know for a fact TPTB read these boards.

Super Contributor

The funny thing is, its the the post bashers that keep these threads going.

Valued Contributor

Well, The nasty people will end up getting. There share
Esteemed Contributor

Why this thread continues is because it is more complex than stated here. There is simply those who dislike a host very much, and those who refuse to allow these negative posts. This is an opinion board and all have a right to voice their opinion.

This public forum owned by the Q has a censor who is free to remove whatever is not up to their standards. The forum even has the option to "Report inappropriate." Still, this is not good enough for the Lisa devotees. Still and yet, the Lisa fans have the option to "ignore User." And this still is not good enough. The reason this is so is b/c Lisa fans are determined to "control" this board and the opinions of those they do not like.

People don't like to be controlled: they will accept the board options, but will not allow or permit another post to deny them their opinions. That's not going to happen. Looks like control issues. This board already has enough controls. Unless you work for the Q, let them do their job. Attacking fellow posters in effort to control their opinion just will never work.

Super Contributor

It boggles the mind that a shopping show host has become a "personal cause " to so many. These threads have brought out the worst in both sides of the discussion. This topic has become poisonous, it's too bad that we can't go a single day without a Lisa thread. I'll be passing on any threads with then Lisa attached to it, it's just too disturbing.
Esteemed Contributor

This whole Lisa thread issue is fascinating. There are over 20 host and no one gets this kind of attention like Lisa. Love her or hate her she has touched a nerve. What does this say about us women that we endlessly discuss every aspect of her life. A life we know very little about. Facebook is only a peek at what she wants us to see.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Interesting. I can see both sides of this. I like gossip even though I know it's bad. And I can totally see coming on a forum and critiquing a host or other tv person's clothes or mannerisms. But at the same time, I hate to think that some little opinion from me could hurt a real person's feelings or affect her status.

I'm sure someone or other at QVC (probably a temp or intern or social media person who puts together a report) is tasked with gauging how forum and facebook and twitter are reacting to different personalities and products. It's just...the idea that a host's livelihood could be damaged by my personal quirks and preferences really bothers me.

I both admire Lisa and she irks me sometimes. Mainly because she doesn't use the middle class folksy tone that the rest of the QVC people do. She doesn't seem like she sees herself as being like me, rather that she's holding herself up as a role model. Which is cool in its own way and she does a good job.

But if my opinion actually has any potential negative consequences to it, I'd rather just keep it to myselfs I guess. Except for the opinions I just gave above, that is...

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

On 2/18/2014 Hippie Chic said:
On 2/18/2014 BRANDONLEE said:
On 2/18/2014 ChillyTulip said:
On 2/17/2014 Hippie Chic said:

I dont think we are Lisa "Haters". I would never give her that much power. I am paying for her salary. Me. Not QVC. Me and all who else buy more than their fair share from QVC. This poor girl screams for attention. She demands it. She thrives on it. And if she is selling something I am interested in buying, then QVC should wake up and listen to what is being posted about Lisa. She needs to go back and sell pressure washers, and poo-pourri and Vitamixes. She is not by any means, above that. I feel sorry for her.

You hit the nail on the head. She was receiving quite a bit of criticism on her Facebook page last night and she decided to act like an immature child in her responses. One woman asked her to PLEASE stop making reference to how "big" she is throughout PMS. She mentioned that she enjoys the show but not every woman is obsessed about being taller or thinner. Lisa came back with a comment that made me shake my head---she called the woman out and more or less said that this was fashion and this was what women did when discussing fashion--then she told the woman that although she might not care what she looks like she is definitely in the minority on that (ironically the woman was an older woman and personal trainer and looked to be in fabulous shape; obviously she has a healthy outlook about herself, however). It took me aback because my first thought was of course women want to look attractive in their clothing. But this is much different than the endless self-deprecating remarks that she makes during every single fashion show. None of the other hosts do this. And not only is it annoying it's not healthy. Clearly this is a reflection on her own self-esteem. While I don't "like" her on FB I was curious enough to look at her page yesterday after she had mentioned it. Pictures of herself working out. Post after post where she is fishing for a compliment. No one secure in their own skin behaves like this. Whether she thrives on the attention or desperately craves positive feedback (and she showed clearly her real personality on her FB page last night), everything is about appearances with this woman. Even the other night when she was presenting a sandal during the LR show and the camera person zoomed in on her feet---she became unhinged, telling him that she was "weird about things like that" and that she didn't want her feet on the monitor. Now granted, perhaps it was because they were orange from the self-tanner. I never realized until recently just how insecure she actually was . . . and then one glimpse of her FB page confirmed that. To post about working out and using phrases like "this is payback for dinner last night" is tragic. It's quite sad because women with self-esteem issues will never be happy. I work hard with my young girls so that they DON'T grow up feeling insecure like this. If you don't love yourself you can't love or be loved by anyone else.

SOOOOOO WHATTTTTTTT!!!!!!! Of course she is insecure look at what she has to endure day in and day out.GET A LIFE.

Why are you so angry? Lisa is a big girl. If she wants to act and conduct her way in such a self gratifying way and take away from the product that she is selling then we have every right to call her out on it. When Lisa is on air, she is selling herself, not the product.

It's apparent by your comments that you're not a big girl and a nasty one at that. How can you even say she is selling herself and not the products??? So do tell, how much is she selling for and is she on easy pays or "as is"??? Geeeez, out of what hole do these posters crawl out from????