Trusted Contributor

Re: Perhaps WE could start threads about Host Bashers...of course, I wouldn't, but...

On 2/19/2014 BRANDONLEE said:
On 2/19/2014 Ladybug724 said:
On 2/18/2014 BRANDONLEE said:
On 2/18/2014 ChillyTulip said:
On 2/17/2014 Hippie Chic said:

I dont think we are Lisa "Haters". I would never give her that much power. I am paying for her salary. Me. Not QVC. Me and all who else buy more than their fair share from QVC. This poor girl screams for attention. She demands it. She thrives on it. And if she is selling something I am interested in buying, then QVC should wake up and listen to what is being posted about Lisa. She needs to go back and sell pressure washers, and poo-pourri and Vitamixes. She is not by any means, above that. I feel sorry for her.

You hit the nail on the head. She was receiving quite a bit of criticism on her Facebook page last night and she decided to act like an immature child in her responses. One woman asked her to PLEASE stop making reference to how "big" she is throughout PMS. She mentioned that she enjoys the show but not every woman is obsessed about being taller or thinner. Lisa came back with a comment that made me shake my head---she called the woman out and more or less said that this was fashion and this was what women did when discussing fashion--then she told the woman that although she might not care what she looks like she is definitely in the minority on that (ironically the woman was an older woman and personal trainer and looked to be in fabulous shape; obviously she has a healthy outlook about herself, however). It took me aback because my first thought was of course women want to look attractive in their clothing. But this is much different than the endless self-deprecating remarks that she makes during every single fashion show. None of the other hosts do this. And not only is it annoying it's not healthy. Clearly this is a reflection on her own self-esteem. While I don't "like" her on FB I was curious enough to look at her page yesterday after she had mentioned it. Pictures of herself working out. Post after post where she is fishing for a compliment. No one secure in their own skin behaves like this. Whether she thrives on the attention or desperately craves positive feedback (and she showed clearly her real personality on her FB page last night), everything is about appearances with this woman. Even the other night when she was presenting a sandal during the LR show and the camera person zoomed in on her feet---she became unhinged, telling him that she was "weird about things like that" and that she didn't want her feet on the monitor. Now granted, perhaps it was because they were orange from the self-tanner. I never realized until recently just how insecure she actually was . . . and then one glimpse of her FB page confirmed that. To post about working out and using phrases like "this is payback for dinner last night" is tragic. It's quite sad because women with self-esteem issues will never be happy. I work hard with my young girls so that they DON'T grow up feeling insecure like this. If you don't love yourself you can't love or be loved by anyone else.

SOOOOOO WHATTTTTTTT!!!!!!! Of course she is insecure look at what she has to endure day in and day out.GET A LIFE.

Are you for real?? She doesn't have to endure anything. She is paid a hefty sum I am sure, wears beautiful jewelry, travels, is adored by many, gets scads of attention, has a gorgeous home, and so on and so on. I'm sure she never worries about how to pay her gas bill, how she is going to feed her hungry family, how she is going to send her children to college. Yeah, I feel for her--she's got it rough. And good for her, she has obviously done well, but for you to say look what she has to endure?? That is absolutely preposterous

And no, I'm not a bit jealous--just pointing out the ridiculousness of this comment

Enduring the bullies that bash her every move.Relax woman you sound jealous of her job.Right no jealous okey dokey!!!!!

. Of, course you're not jealous......and I'm going to be the next First Lady!!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Perhaps WE could start threads about Host Bashers...of course, I wouldn't, but...

On 2/19/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/19/2014 CouponQueen said:

I don't watch Lisa. Like her or dislike her. I am totally indifferent to her.

What is amazing to me all the time is that other woman are so intent on bashing her. Okay if you don't want to call it bullying but it is bashing. If my child even thought of making the comments about another student in school that are made her by adults about another adult woman they would be in for a good talking to and we would have a sit down and discuss it.

If people do not like Lisa..do not like what she says, does or puts on her FB ..why watch her, listen to her or even go to her PERSONAL page and read it??

She is doing her job..nothing more nothing less..and she is doing it in the manner that he company and bosses obviously approve of. Obviously she has quite the sales and following. People say they are not jealous, of course they are. What other reason can adult mature women have for tearing down another woman like that?

Okay I get it, she is in the public eye so to speak but has anybody ever heard if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say it? I have worked with the mentally ill for over 26 years in every aspect ..and I often have told my patients...just because you can say it..doesn't mean you should. Seriously ladies - we don't want our kids talking about others like this but it is okay to come here and do it because why? She is a host you dont like??

No one poster is paying her salary lol..if you have a comment about an item or her technique then contact Corporate but to make fun and bash her for everything under the sun says more about you then her!

I say lets see photos of the bashers so to speak, lets see their clothes, purses, homes, doing their job, their activities their life and lets see them picked apart!!

The same could be said about the way posters are bashing other posters for their opinions about Lisa. It goes both ways.

Posters are mad that all the host/vendor "bashing" threads are ruining the board but the posters bashing other posters are doing a pretty good job of ruining the board as well.

If I have a complaint about a host, I'll feel free to post it right here. I have no desire to call corporate about it. I know for a fact TPTB read these boards.

You are so wrong, we are not disrespectful, not vile and hateful unlike the jealous hateful bashers!!!
Respected Contributor

IF TPTB truly read these boards, they are licking their lips over this thread. The name of the game is to create controversy for QVC - bring them to the forefront, so to speak. Lisa certainly does that better than anyone else at QVC.

Super Contributor

On 2/19/2014 luvtoshopathome said:
On 2/18/2014 Hippie Chic said:

I dont think we are Lisa "Haters". I would never give her that much power. I am paying for her salary. Me. Not QVC. Me and all who else buy more than their fair share from QVC. This poor girl screams for attention. She demands it. She thrives on it. And if she is selling something I am interested in buying, then QVC should wake up and listen to what is being posted about Lisa. She needs to go back and sell pressure washers, and poo-pourri and Vitamixes. She is not by any means, above that. I feel sorry for her.

You hit the nail on the head. She was receiving quite a bit of criticism on her Facebook page last night and she decided to act like an immature child in her responses. One woman asked her to PLEASE stop making reference to how "big" she is throughout PMS. She mentioned that she enjoys the show but not every woman is obsessed about being taller or thinner. Lisa came back with a comment that made me shake my head---she called the woman out and more or less said that this was fashion and this was what women did when discussing fashion--then she told the woman that although she might not care what she looks like she is definitely in the minority on that (ironically the woman was an older woman and personal trainer and looked to be in fabulous shape; obviously she has a healthy outlook about herself, however). It took me aback because my first thought was of course women want to look attractive in their clothing. But this is much different than the endless self-deprecating remarks that she makes during every single fashion show. None of the other hosts do this. And not only is it annoying it's not healthy. Clearly this is a reflection on her own self-esteem. While I don't "like" her on FB I was curious enough to look at her page yesterday after she had mentioned it. Pictures of herself working out. Post after post where she is fishing for a compliment. No one secure in their own skin behaves like this. Whether she thrives on the attention or desperately craves positive feedback (and she showed clearly her real personality on her FB page last night), everything is about appearances with this woman. Even the other night when she was presenting a sandal during the LR show and the camera person zoomed in on her feet---she became unhinged, telling him that she was "weird about things like that" and that she didn't want her feet on the monitor. Now granted, perhaps it was because they were orange from the self-tanner. I never realized until recently just how insecure she actually was . . . and then one glimpse of her FB page confirmed that. To post about working out and using phrases like "this is payback for dinner last night" is tragic. It's quite sad because women with self-esteem issues will never be happy. I work hard with my young girls so that they DON'T grow up feeling insecure like this. If you don't love yourself you can't love or be loved by anyone else.

SOOOOOO WHATTTTTTTT!!!!!!! Of course she is insecure look at what she has to endure day in and day out.GET A LIFE.

Why are you so angry? Lisa is a big girl. If she wants to act and conduct her way in such a self gratifying way and take away from the product that she is selling then we have every right to call her out on it. When Lisa is on air, she is selling herself, not the product.

It's apparent by your comments that you're not a big girl and a nasty one at that. How can you even say she is selling herself and not the products??? So do tell, how much is she selling for and is she on easy pays or "as is"??? Geeeez, out of what hole do these posters crawl out from????

You just keep going and going and going. Do you realize, not once did I attack you.

Respected Contributor

O Me! O Life!

BY WALT WHITMAN

Oh me! Oh life! of the questions of these recurring,

Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities fill’d with the foolish,

Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I, and who more faithless?)

Of eyes that vainly crave the light, of the objects mean, of the struggle ever renew’d,

Of the poor results of all, of the plodding and sordid crowds I see around me,

Of the empty and useless years of the rest, with the rest me intertwined,

The question, O me! so sad, recurring—What good amid these, O me, O life?

Answer.

That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.

Super Contributor

What is amazing to me all the time is that other woman are so intent on bashing her. Okay if you don't want to call it bullying but it is bashing. If my child even thought of making the comments about another student in school that are made her by adults about another adult woman they would be in for a good talking to and we would have a sit down and discuss it.

If people do not like Lisa..do not like what she says, does or puts on her FB ..why watch her, listen to her or even go to her PERSONAL page and read it??

She is doing her job..nothing more nothing less..and she is doing it in the manner that he company and bosses obviously approve of. Obviously she has quite the sales and following. People say they are not jealous, of course they are. What other reason can adult mature women have for tearing down another woman like that?

Okay I get it, she is in the public eye so to speak but has anybody ever heard if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say it? I have worked with the mentally ill for over 26 years in every aspect ..and I often have told my patients...just because you can say it..doesn't mean you should. Seriously ladies - we don't want our kids talking about others like this but it is okay to come here and do it because why? She is a host you dont like??

No one poster is paying her salary lol..if you have a comment about an item or her technique then contact Corporate but to make fun and bash her for everything under the sun says more about you then her!

I say lets see photos of the bashers so to speak, lets see their clothes, purses, homes, doing their job, their activities their life and lets see them picked apart!!

The same could be said about the way posters are bashing other posters for their opinions about Lisa. It goes both ways.

Posters are mad that all the host/vendor "bashing" threads are ruining the board but the posters bashing other posters are doing a pretty good job of ruining the board as well.

If I have a complaint about a host, I'll feel free to post it right here. I have no desire to call corporate about it. I know for a fact TPTB read these boards.

You are so wrong, we are not disrespectful, not vile and hateful unlike the jealous hateful bashers!!!

"Not disrespectful, not vile..." Hmmm..."jealous hateful bashers!!!" Sounds disrespectful and kind of vile to me. I think I have read quite a few posts from you that would fit that bill. But whatever...

Super Contributor

On 2/19/2014 sissycat said:

Why are you so angry? Lisa is a big girl. If she wants to act and conduct her way in such a self gratifying way and take away from the product that she is selling then we have every right to call her out on it. When Lisa is on air, she is selling herself, not the product.

It's apparent by your comments that you're not a big girl and a nasty one at that. How can you even say she is selling herself and not the products??? So do tell, how much is she selling for and is she on easy pays or "as is"??? Geeeez, out of what hole do these posters crawl out from????

She makes all the products about her. She is selling herself no doubt. The hosts on HSN make the show about the products. On QVC the hosts feel the need to sell themselves as our "friends" so people will buy.

Apparently it is working but it is annoying and as obvious as the nose on your face. So if you put yourself out there and make it about your weight or your flaws (as Lisa often does) be prepared for people to comment. Don't feel bad for her, not jealous of her, and don't want to be her friend.

well you must be a hater then...Wink

Trusted Contributor

On 2/19/2014 JJ said:

"Not disrespectful, not vile..." Hmmm..."jealous hateful bashers!!!" Sounds disrespectful and kind of vile to me. I think I have read quite a few posts from you that would fit that bill. But whatever...

Yes the haters are vile and hateful mostly because they attack her professionally and personally. They follow her every move on Facebook, which I will never understand. Why even go to her Facebook page if you hate her so much. I'll tell you why, so they can come on these forums and spew their venom. I happen to like Lisa, she's personable, a good host, very successful and looks great but I don't even follow her on Facebook. Leave the woman alone!!! I'm sure you wouldn't have the nerve to say those things to people face to face in your real life. It is done here because they are all hiding behind a computer screen. So please don't call me out, telling me I would fill that bill because I don't.
Super Contributor

I never ever went on Lisa's FB page. Nor would I want to.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/19/2014 Hippie Chic said:

You just keep going and going and going. Do you realize, not once did I attack you.

Sorry, that post was not meant for you but for another poster who did attack me. I'm on my tablet and I did not post it in the right place. My apologies to you. Again sorry.