New Contributor

Re: Pat and the G.I.L.I faux leather dress

I thought the dress was ugly and cheap looking!!in fact I am not liking the Gili line since Jill Martin has been creative director!

New Contributor

Hated dress!  And Gili in general has gone off my radar.

New Contributor

I agree!  Awful

Trusted Contributor

It seems like all the garments that Gili Jill bring are too tight on everyone including herself.  How can the Q stylists let these hosts and models wear such tight clothes?  Don't they look in the mirror before they go on air?  

I personally think the Q needs to find a new rep for the Gili line with lower prices.  Jill does nothing for the line and certainly doesn't have the personality to sell anything.  She will never fill Lisa's shoes, that's for sure,  and I haven't bought a thing since Jill took over.  When I see the prices, I just can't believe it.  This is not a big designer line that warrants those ridiculous prices.  And that Obi belt ......  Enough is enough.  They put it on everything even those short moto jackets, which looks ridiculous and she has to talk about it every single time she's on.  Sorry but if you're large chested, an Obi belt is not for you.  

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't watch the show tonight but I was intrigued enogh to watch the online videoclip for the Dress a269549 and I burst out laughing at Jayne's comments about the electric b@@bs! Maybe it was an optical illusion from the laser cut front panel of the dress but Jayne nailed it with that comment!

Pat looked very uncomfortable in that dress too. Jayne wisely didn't wear the same dress either. I don't know what it is about faux or real leather dresses, but they look wrinkled and cheap looking on TV.

Honored Contributor

G.I.L.I. Perforated Faux Leather Dress with Ponte Sides

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

If Jill loves the obi belt so much why doesn't she wear one when she is on the Today show?

Honored Contributor

I agree with Ms Maggie Mack, if Pat felt so uncomfortable in that dress why would she even agree to wear it?  Pulling & tugging makes me think it's not at all a good buy even if I liked it and really wanted it.  ANd then if she (Pat) agreed to wear it why would she not size up one size?  It's not a sin to size up in anything.  It's not embarassing to do that, to need to do that. 

And yeah, it's not even good looking.  Some items in leather & suede do not have any give to them.  Give yourself a break and buy the right size.  No one really cares what the number size is that you put on.  You should wear an item in a size that actually fits properly and MAKES you look nice, stylish, proper.  sqeezing into a size 8 instead of a 10 or even a 12 does not mean necessarily you're fat, gained weight, whatever.  It simply means that that particular brand may be cut smaller, differetnly from a different brand.  We're all different sizes in different brands.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree......the clothes they are showing are worn too tight....that dress didn't compliment any of the models, hosts, etc.     To me the sizing was sooo way off the other day when showing the Denim & Co. Lamb Leather jacket...............only ONE model had it zipped and it was worn too small on almost everyone (with inches between the zipper closings....and the shoulders just seemed to sit weird......puckering up.........................I thought

Mary Beth wore it way too small....and Carolyn too...........i think especially Marty Beth and Jill wear things way too small for their size.......and i LIKE

Mary Beth and Carolyn VERY MUCH.....not picking on them...just the sizing...

Valued Contributor

It was not flattering on Pat and she did look uncomfortable.  The models should do the modeling anyway.  NIce they try but if it is not a good look on the host then forget it.  Just saying she shouldn't have to but at least a person gets a true picture of not for everyone.