Respected Contributor

Re: Past Q buys that have stood the test of time

I would say a few of D&C colored denim vests, Carol Hochman 3 piece pj sets, 2 Graves faux leather moto style jackets and Women with Control leggings. The petites are perfect for me. Some have been discontinued, that bummed me out.

Trusted Contributor

I have a navy Dialogue jacket that I still love to this day that has to be close to 15 years old.  It's what I would call a transition weight jacket...good for cool fall or spring days.

It's very classic looking and has hook closures...no zipper or buttons for closure.  The hook closures have held up remarkably.  It has three silver snaps on each sleeve near the cuff.  I have worn it and washed it repeatedly and it still looks great!  

Honored Contributor

I have a storage bin (season clothes) full of D&C capris and pedal pushers that I've had for years. The sizing is always consistent, at least for me.

I've kept some of the older items as I bought them when DH was still alive (he died in 2009) but they are still in excellent condition.

I do take very good care of my clothes and I've had a few D&C tops for quite a few years.

Esteemed Contributor

Items I've mentioned on this board many times before:

Joan Rivers' trench coat in "stone" with silky leopard lining.  At least 5 years old and worn every spring and fall.

Dialogue dress slacks.  I still have one pair left in black - I donated all the other colors when I retired and now I'm sorry I did.  Best fitting slacks I own and machine washable.  Wear like iron!

A very very old washable suede jacket -- at least 12 years old because I owned it when we lived in our other house and we moved 12 years ago.  Still looks new-ish and absolutely fabulous with a turtleneck and skinny jeans.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

All my Susan Graver clothes lasted for years, due to weight gain I donated them, someone got very nice clothes.  Also, D&C lasted and I donated them too.  Clark shoes I still have 2 pair from at least 7 or 8 years ago and they are still in great condition and I still wear them.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@cherry  great thread. Like others before me, I have quite a few because I also take care of my clothes and have/had enough that I am not constantly wearing the same pieces The first garments I thought about are a Denim & Co Indigo Blue Velvet three-piece (jacket, shell, and skirt). The jacket has about eight buttons down the front which were originally those cheap white pearl ones. I replaced them with buttons which were the exact color of the jacket. It transformed the outfit from one that was casual to one that could be worn to the dressiest events and it has been.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Occasional Contributor

I have a three piece black Fashion Formulas outfit that Is at least 25 years old , mainly wear to funerals. It still looks new.

Valued Contributor

My old Dennis Basso coats are still gorgeous as are his older throws from maybe 10 years ago.  Some Diamonique pieces in 14k gold from at least 20 years ago.  I have Cooks Essentials pots and pans that are old and still in great shape.  Joan Rivers pins and short-sleeved sweaters.  And old Clark's that just won't die.

Honored Contributor

Remember Bradley Bayou's leather jackets? I have a black motorcycle jacket with beige colorblocking across the shoulders, that was purchased close to 10 years ago, and is still a favorite. The prices were reasonable then too!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Do you have a Q garment that has been a wonderful wardrobe addition, you purchased years ago, and are still wearing?

I have one to  share. I got a Lees Sands angora sweater coat years back.  I got it in black. It doesn't  have any buttons or snaps to fasten it. It's just worn  open. It has some black beading on the front  at the top. It is very furry looking, not at all like a sweater

I don't use it unless I am dressed up.  ( It's a bit formal looking) It is cool here today, but not cold ,yet. I had to attend a funeral  of a friend ,and I always wear my Sunday best , when attending funerals. I know some people don't, and that is their decision. I was just raised to dress nicely for these kinds of  services

I couldn't go in just my pants suit, because it isn't quite warm enough for that. So, I pulled out my Lees Sands sweater coat

I got so many compliments  about how nice it is. I don't wear it that often, but on days like today, it was a God send. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made

How about you? Do you have an oldie but goodie to share with us?

I purchased that same sweater coat in the silver and it is just as beautiful today as the day I purchased it all those years ago. I also scored the exact same coat  in the beige color at a fancy resale store (tags still on and looked never worn) so now I have two and love both! Looks good with everything from jeans and a t or sweater and boots to the fanciest dress up dress with the highest heels. A perfect coat/jacket and looks WAY more expensive than it was. I tell ladies who ask me where to get one to hit ebay...I just looked and there are some there and a color I don't have.....hmmmmm.