Honored Contributor

I realize it's passe these days, but if I'm wearing a dress, I'm wearing pantyhose.  It may not matter what other people think, but I think I have ugly legs, especially ugly bare legs, so it's as much for me as anything else.  I actually like how they hold me in a little too.  I even wear them with dress pants, part of that holding things in thing, and I despise putting my bare feet into shoes.  

Respected Contributor

I wear pantyhose but this summer I got a nice tan on my legs so passed on them.  

I do think pantyhose  looks nice on my legs in certain dresses but usually wear a nude one.    Fall and winter I can get away with a dark hose.  I don't wear dresses often but I have worn more this summer. Mostly wore a midi length with sandals so no pantyhose.

I do think a pair of hose can hide certain leg issues.  Looks better to me.  

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy   I am a 1950s Boomer and I wear Hanes Town Taupe pantyhose when I wear a dress of any style or length.  For some outfits I wear tights--in winter the warm onnes.

I don't feel comfortable going bare legged and don't like the feel of a bare foot in shoes.

I have very, very pale dry skin.

Wear whatever makes you feel the most ccomfortable.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

I still wear pantyhose; just depends on my outfit & footwear. In the warmer weather with casual dresses I usually go bare legged, and use Sally Hansen leg makeup mixed with my body lotion. Some of my dresses just look more polished with sheer nude or black pantyhose so I wear those all year long as needed. In the fall and winter I wear navy or black tights with some outfits instead of hose.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear pantihose in the warm months. My legs are vein free and have some color, so I really don't need them. 

In the cold winter months of New York, I wear them, though. 

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't worn panty hose since the 80's. Heck I haven't worn a dress or skirt since then either. They are way to hot. Imagine getting in a 140+ degree car with panty hose on? Yikes. If I can't wear pants or jeans to an event I don't go.

Honored Contributor

@laluzdelmundo   Way back when, I used to wear thigh high stockings until a doctor told me they are bad for leg circulation so I stopped wearing them.  Don't know if that's true but I don't wear stockings at all anymore.

Trusted Contributor

I wear them when the weather cools down with dresses or skirts. 

Honored Contributor

I hate wearing dresses or skirts and so I haven't worn pantyhose for decades. 

I did wear a gown however for my daughter's wedding in May.  I wore sparkly, strappy Naot sandals with a low heel but it was dressy with no pantyhose.....very comfortable shoes.

I have two weddings coming up in October.  One I'm not really sure about the formality (it's in the evening) and the other is a very dressy affair in Center City Philadelphia.  The venue is almost next door to Independence hall and though I have never been there looking at pictures online it looks to be somewhat formal.

For weddings, I usually try to wear dressy pants and a dressy top with a jacket but I cant seem to find anything this year.  I'm also afraid that what I'm thinking of just won't be dressy enough.  So I'm going to have my expensive gown shortened to an over the knee cocktail length.. At DD's wedding I wore slip shorts under the gown.

I think I will look into leg makeup.  I have an olive complexion so I'm not too pale but over the years my legs have gotten marks from bug bites, etc.  I can't wear pantyhose with the sandals which I plan on wearing....they are so pretty and comfortable so I'm crossing my fingers that the leg makeup will work out.

Honored Contributor

No, too hot.  I would probably consider them uncomfortable now.  But when I was younger I wore them all the time.  Spent a lot of money, I was always getting "runs" in them. LOL