Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pantone Spring 2021 Colors Posted

They seem to going to cool colors.  Not for me, even for the house.  

Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@ECBG   Not sure what you mean by winter.  If you mean season, then I am more of a summer person. But I have always been drawn to the color blue.  Any kind of shade of blue, aquamarine, teal, royal blue, etc.  Next color for me would be purples, then reds. Funny how even when I say that I will go for a different color when shopping, I somehow end up with blue again! Thanks for posting those colors! 

@sophiesofers I am a "winter" pallete as defined by Carole Jackson. 

Although, Color Me Beautiful was years ago, main skin color can't change even though your hair may. 

The same colors will turn a person dark around the mouth and under the eyes all of their life, even with a wig.

You and I wear the same side of the color wheel.  You have my lighter hues and I often use them with my jewel tones.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catter70 wrote:

I like blue, but not because anyone tells me that's what I need to buy. 

@catter70 You have probably seen that certain colors look bad with your skin.  That's what we're talking about.

Ironically, people pick up a sense of what colors tend to look good on them.

Blue is universally loved, probably because sky and water references are so entrenched in our lives in pictures and print.

Respected Contributor

I like a few of the brighter colors in the New York color palette, but the rest is just "meh". 

Fortunately I don't pay any attention to these things when I'm deciding what to purchase. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@catter70 lol   Years ago, 4 of us colleagues went to see a Color Me Beautiful consultant.  She was just finishing something when we arrived and that gave us time to wander around the studio where there were piles of fabrics laid out around the room.  I had little idea of what CMB was really all about so I wandered and listened.  

As we passed some of the stacks, the others sometimes grimaced or even kind of waved them away, saying they didn't think anyone should wear those colors.  I knew I already had them in my wardrobe, so I said nothing.  Later I was relieved to find out my choices made sense for me.  

Sometimes now I venture away from the choices I used to make, but over all, my clothes and make-up still reflect the same autumn color patches in my CMB notebook.  It's not because that's what the consultsnt told me -  she just re-enforced what I'd already been buying for years even though she never asked us what was already in our closets.  (In their language, I'm a pure Autumn while the other 3 women were Winter or High Summers.) 

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I like a few of the brighter colors in the New York color palette, but the rest is just "meh". 

Fortunately I don't pay any attention to these things when I'm deciding what to purchase. 

@FrostyBabe1 Pantone colors sharply dictate what is in the stores.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm very boring. I did not gravitate towards any of those colors at all. Thank goodness white and black can always be found. Then if I'm lucky, someone will offer an item in a color that appeals to me or I shop my closet. Goodness knows the items I bought in Feb for this spring/summer got very little wear. 

I have no idea what CMB season I am. When I had a make up consultant she said my skin coloring (sans a tan) was neutral. I know I look horrid in most greens, browns, orange, purple or charcoal grey. Not too many yellow or pinks look good on me. I look best in white, black, heather grey, certain khaki tones, certain reds and aqua (on blue side). So whatever season that is ... I shall claim. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."