Respected Contributor

I do like the flowy full length pants but I do not like when they drag all over the floor!  What is with that look???  I would probably trip and fall over my own clothes if I wore those!

Esteemed Contributor

Agree. Pat D had a pair of PLW that were  extraordinary long dragging on the floor . She  was going to  show some Ryka shoe but said her pants were long.

Pants that long put one at risk of falling and fracturing a limb

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl  And likewise the pants hemlines that look like flood pants are equally bad, IMO. 😉

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

I agree with you.

I see them on QVC worn dragging on the floor.  Looks sloppy and it's rather dangerous.  So easy to trip over them.

I don't recall seeing anyone in real life wearing them that way.

I shorten my wide leg pants so that they just "skim" over my instep.

===============================

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I do like the flowy full length pants but I do not like when they drag all over the floor!  What is with that look???  I would probably trip and fall over my own clothes if I wore those!

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

@bargainsgirl 

I dont like that look either. Reminds me of that puddling too long drapes trend that didn't look great.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pant hemlines

[ Edited ]

I am thankful that some folks have brought this up.  These long pants flooding onto the floor are not only unsightly.  Very dangerous.

It likely bothers me more than some others.  Many years back, I suffered a bad fall at home.  I was on a phone call while sitting on my sofa.  I stood up and tripped over a sofa throw that was partly on the floor.

I fell flat on my face, hitting my forehead on our family room fireplace hearth.  In a mini-second I opened my eyes, seeing

red.  My blood, all over.

I was fortunate in my misfortune, as the damage was to my forehead.  Doctors said I could have lost my vision.  No one could believe I did not pass out.  Fortunately, I was not home alone.  I really thought I was heading for surgery in the ER.  But I guess I have a very hard head!  Recovery took quite a while, and with no loss of function or vision. The huge scar is no longer.  But when I see these pants  hanging on the floor...it drives me crazy.

I would love to know who the designers, executives in charge, think this is attractive and safe.  How sad and irresponsible.

Honored Contributor

I don't see that much in "real life". I think they just can't hem the samples they're given to wear.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT   Yes indeed you're lucky to not have done more damage to yourself.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT ----OMgosh---my sad story IS about the length of pants--- my foot, that was in a flip flop,  got tangled up in the leg of a pair of wide leg yoga pants, I fell foward as I couldn't get my foot out in time and broke my ankle. I was bringing in groceries and had a bag in my arms when this happened, so my arms couldn't help grab onto something----I was home alone and had to crawl a few feet to get my cell phone to call 911----that was in 2022. Geez--what's up with we Pams, anyway?? Am a Pam from Wa/wagirlWoman Wink

Honored Contributor

I think the long pants ,dragging the floor looks dangerous,plus they get dirty,and wear out when the do this. 

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.