Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paging my thrifting buddy, queendiva...

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF : Girl! Fantastic scores!!

I know what you mean about the perfect shade of red for your Talbots jacket. It's the reason why I own very few red fashion items. I love your jacket!

OK, now you are making me rethink passing the GW stores by- your finds and the wedding gown GW score .Like you, I cannot simply drop off donations. Hey, I'm there, might as well take a minute and look... Also like you, I can speed shop if necessary.

The Missoni scarf: I say it's the Real Deal. If not, it looks the part AND $2. "Nuff said.

I recently thrifted a pair of Chanel sunglasses. The style checks out perfectly. It does not have the double Cs on the arms, just the Chanel name. $20.00, They are great glasses, and for the price and Cost Per Wear, I care not if they are real or knock-offs.

Like anything else, thrifting takes more time than money. We leave emptyhanded most of the time, but we do it for the reason you describe here- we can't find a treasure if we are not out actively looking for it. It's just a matter of time and patience until the payoff.

Seems like every town locally had their sponsored spring yard sales today. Out bright & early for the best pickin's. Stopped at several. I spent a grand total of $0.75 on a NWT 1" binder that I need to replace the one I am using for my church choir music. It's falling apart.

Not many people selling, Those who did had few items and nothing of interest to me at any price.

Will report on the 2 thrifted fashion items purchased this week on your weekly WIW thread. Nothing to compete with your 2 purchases! 

Wear them both, separately and together, proudly and in good health GF!

I'm so grateful that we "get" each other with our thrift shopping.