Contributor
Please don't let it be Courtney with her Valley Girlish behavior. No offense to her, but her voice grates on me and she never seems to be that prepared. Amy is so self deprecating and also unprepared. Not sure who they will get.
Honored Contributor
On 11/1/2014 magicmoodz said:

First and foremost, QVC needs to lose the name "PM Style". It would be unfair to any host taking over--too many comparisons would be made to the predecessor of that show. I feel that show (and its host) had become stale. And can I add too many lotions, potions, gadets and gizmos!

Time to revamp and start over with a more stylized format. No more host having to change into every outfit featured. Utilize the studio/stage/set better. If 3 hours is too long for fashion, then cut it back to an hour or 2, but don't be selling flashlights during a fashion show!

ITA--First of all, there's very little "style" on PMS. I have found a few things in the past few months, but they are few and far between. I also agree--2 hours and no more silly "devices" on a PMS show.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} IT's one emjoi or laser hair remover or wrinkle "remover" after another.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I never watch it so don't care.

Trusted Contributor

I think it will be hard to replace Lisa the way show is now. So they will have to change it a bit to accommodate a new host. I think Sandra and Amy or Nancy would be the best choices. Nancy would be fun and Sandra classy and Amy stylish so maybe they should alternate or work together. Amy does do a great job on her show and that is the only show that I watch the whole time because she keeps me interested. The others I do not see as fashionistas at all.

Miata 1

Honored Contributor

Yes, just so none of us will be disappointed, I've been thinking that they should alternate hosts, at least at the beginning, after Dec. 12. Maybe for a few months or so. Someone will 'shine' and most of us will want that person as a regular PMS host. Hopefully.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s. But, now that I'm thinking about it, alternating hosts is probably the best choice/direction. 'Someone for everyone', more or less.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

PM Style has become very boring, no matter who takes her place. This THREE HOUR show needs lots of revision. Firstly, they could chuck out all the cosmetics and other items like irons and make it pure style. They need to bring in lots and lots of new vendor designers. More than a host change, new product is necessary!

Also, with Lisa leaving, another warm body will be needed at the Q. I don't think this person should take over all of Lisa's duties. They need to be spread out to give everyone a chance and won't become boring. It would be nice if the new person would be a real fashion and beauty expert with all the expertise and new ideas and tips needed.

I love fashion shows and the Q might take a look at how Louis shows his offerings and bring a little class to presentations.

Super Contributor
On 10/11/2014 Ms X said:

What about Pat and Jayne? They work well together and are funny.

You know...I really like this idea! I never had much of a chance to watch the two of them together in the morning while I was getting ready to go out the door. But I saw the two of them together recently and really thought they worked well together. Very pleasant to watch. Smiley Happy
Contributor

DEFINITELY Gabrielle Kerr. Her style, fashion sense, and personality are pitch perfect. Gabrielle is also a chameleon and can showcase different styles very well. QVC would be making a huge mistake to use anyone other than Gabrielle as a replacement for all of Lisa's shows.

Super Contributor
On 10/12/2014 chrystaltree said: There is no heir apparent to Lisa; no one waiting in the wings. Your guess is as good as anyone else's. I think Amy or perhaps Gabrielle. The have a professionalism and a knowledge of fashion that the others just don't have. And they are young.
It will be hard but they may just rotate different hosts until one clicks. I think Courtney has potential to be a good likeable host, she's young,funny and with time and a little maturity she could be good. Jane and Pat do fashion so it very well could be one of them possibly or maybe they have a new host they haven't introduced yet until Lisa is gone.