Esteemed Contributor

Re: PILLING!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

I have several older pieces that I have kept because they look like new...no pilling at all.  They are 100% cotton.

Occasional Contributor

I'm not sure how many know this, but when you have an item of clothing that pills after you wash it & dried it, this usually means that you washed & dried it with something you shouldn't have. For example never wash your shirts & washable sweaters, etc in the same load with a lot of cotton like towels, etc. Towels & other cotton items have a lot of lint on them and the lint will pill on delicate fabrics.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes pilling occurs if the washer is overloaded.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1

Not to mention the static caused by these synthetic pieces of clothing.  Ugh.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Even BRAS pill. That's upsetting because I want them to be completely smooth under my clothes. I don't need the extra bumps...Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: PILLING!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

@RAgirl wrote:

I have had numerous tops pill terribly before I even washed them. Yes I’m one who sometimes doesn’t wash first. I’m really upset and sad about this pilling because I love logo so much

@RAgirl  If you are "hot" when wearing items with any ingredients that have the propensity to pill, they will pill with rubbing of your arms, your seat belt, anything that rubs against the item you are wearing will cause pilling.  Wash by hand.  Do not place in dryer.  Dryer equal hot and agitation of rubbing around while in either washer or dryer will cause pilling. 

Back in the olden days when most of our clothes were sent to the dry cleaners or cottons washed in wringer washer, we did not have these pilling issues except with woolens or cashmere in a room that was overheated.  No seat belts to rub.  No dryers to rub.  Most rooms were not too hot in the winter because of the type heating we had. 

Creature comforts are making garments pill more, coupled with the synthetic fabrics and the fabrics that we love, like cashmere, becoming more readily available from abroad.  Get yourself a shaver!!!designed for pilling.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Even BRAS pill. That's upsetting because I want them to be completely smooth under my clothes. I don't need the extra bumps...Woman Wink

@SilleeMee  While trying on clothing in these fabrics, they sometimes snag on a fingernail, etc. If there’s a tag saying to take off jewelry before trying it on, that’s a dead giveaway...Trouble!

Valued Contributor

"Ain't nobody gut time for dat!"

Honored Contributor

I have this fabric shaver that removes pilling pretty well.  Purchased from Walmart.  Does anyone else use a fabric shaver?

Evercare Giant Fabric Shaver