Regular Contributor

Mally doesn't cackle, that was just plain mean. She is very exuberant and proud of her products. There's a lot of life for the over 50s and she just expresses it in her way. Anyone can sit on his/her rumpus and criticize but when I see Mally, I remind myself to add a little color to my face and get some fresh air. I guess it's all in the way you approach life.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Never could watch Mally. If I wanted to purchase her eyeliners, I just looked online. Now that the formula seemed different to me, I've moved on to other brands.

How did she ever score that spot on Friday nights? Bad choice.

I think she "scored" it because she is a real makeup artist and "real" professional. Her advice comes from her authenticity.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

Nope!  Not me!

I'm over 70, don't feel neglected at all!  Smiley Wink 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't understand this Over 50 thing they are doing. It's so odd.  A series for over 70 would have made some sense.  I think that's the age group that might feel neglected.  But QVC is all about the 40s through 60s.  That's their core customer.  I haven't watched the Over 50 programs because at 62, I'm not old.   I didn't need to hear Mally cackling and cracking some unfunny jokes about aging.

Respected Contributor

Re: Over 50 program

[ Edited ]

Many of these comments are quite mean. The Q is just trying something new, to be inclusive. Im 61 now and appreciate the focused show and I want to be more fierce and fearless, even as I age!! 💝

Honored Contributor

She is not a person i can watch.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I think it's really difficult to have an ensemble cast of hosts and vendors just add lib a show.  It's basically like watching a bunch of people talking all at once. Add in that all the people, by nature are chatty, excitable, attention seeking.  That's what makes them want and have that job. 

Almost every show with multiple hosts and vendors is headache inducing for me. 

I would think in order for this type of format to work, it has to be more staged, with each person alloted a designated time and limit to be the one talking.

I think Rick, who can be the loudest, LOL is great with Valerie Parr Hill.  Well, actually I think Valerie is so good at the job and controlling her on air persona, that all the hosts rise up to her level.  

It's probably really hard for the control room to modulate all these voices and the shrieking.  All hosts as part of their job responsibilities should have to watch their shows.  

Valued Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

I

It's probably really hard for the control room to modulate all these voices and the shrieking.  All hosts as part of their job responsibilities should have to watch their shows.  

I agree with you on watching their own shows.  I hope they watch like athletes to see how they scored and where they need to improve.

Valued Contributor

I enjoyed the sort-of talk show Katrina Szish used to host but this thing was a mess.  I hope the Q goes back to the drawing board to revamp and give it another try.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Mally but didn't watch this show, because I don't watch shows except for occasionally Logo.  I do watch videos of things I want to buy, so I appreciate the shows that actually show the products, particularly fashion and cosmetics, being used, because the videos are posted.  Hate the shows where they show just the website, or shoes on top of a table, but that is off-topic.

I do think the over 50 shows are a good idea. I will check out items on air for this show.

Respected Contributor

@Patgo   Did you mean to type "aged" or agree?  Gosh I hope it was agree because if you aged 100%, you would probably be 100+.  Maybe you are now over 100 after watching that show?  Haha, lol....