Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@ECBG 

I'm sorry to hear about your knee. With your knee and back issues, I imagine moving around is tough. Hoping you get some relief and are able to return to the work you love. Wishing you the Best! 🌈

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG I came in hoping to view one of your perfectly styled outfits and beautiful smile, but am SO sorry to read about your current health issues!!💝 I am hoping the shot provides enough COMFORT for you to be able to continue your day to day activities until your surgery!🤞 January seems sooo far off! Please know that I care❤, and will be checking in for an update with hopes of good news!🤗 I know Shadow is "helping" as much as possible.🐕😁

Take great care!!!❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG  I'm so sorry about your knee problems.  I hope the shot helps.  

Sunday's outfit.  I made the jacket several years ago (yes, it has shoulder pads, LOL).  But, I do really like it and the print.  I tend to like large prints which is really a no no for short people.  I'm such a contrarian. The fabric actually came from the upholstery area of the fabric store.  Speaking of fabric stores, as much as I dislike JoAnns, I hate to see them going through bankruptcy since it's all I have locally after Hancock Fabrics went bust.  I really need to feel fabric before buying.  I have no real feel as to how a fabric will drape going by the name or description.  

The pants are Calvin Klein Jeans I got at Nordstrom Rack.  In my defense, they didn't look to be as wide-leg in the product picture as they ended up being.  I was expecting them to be more like the carpenter pants I've worn in the past.  I did have to have them hemmed.  Used a narrow cork belt to help keep them up.  They do tend to want to scooch down, but they're not loose enough to warrent having them altered.  A belt helps keep them up.

The shoes you can't see are Lucky Brand cognac suede wedges.  

17 MAR 2024 Outfit.jpgLucky Brand Lukili Wedges.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles 

Thank you for your sweet message.  It was quite something today since I was in so much pain.  Two of the patients in the large waiting room said they were praying for me.  Complete strangers, who also had something wrong. wow!

My dead line is after 4/9 when I get a shot in my spine for the scoliosis and spinal arthritis I didn't know I had.  I hope I can work; I love what I did.

If I can control when my surgery is, I'll put it in January.   As for clothes, I was never fond of transitional time, although, I work with anything.

I have bought some beautiful items like jackets and scarves.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Your jacket is terrific!  Many ladies buy fabric in the upholstery department and make beautiful items!

Thank you for your good wishes! 

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles 

Thank you for your sweet message.  It was quite something today since I was in so much pain.  Two of the patients in the large waiting room said they were praying for me.  Complete strangers, who also had something wrong. wow!

My dead line is after 4/9 when I get a shot in my spine for the scoliosis and spinal arthritis I didn't know I had.  I hope I can work; I love what I did.

If I can control when my surgery is, I'll put it in January.   As for clothes, I was never fond of transitional time, although, I work with anything.

I have bought some beautiful items like jackets and scarves.

@ECBG You are MOST welcome!🥰❤  What a comfort  it must have been to have complete kind STRANGERS care enough to pray for you at the office! Those blessings warm the heart!!💝 I am sorry about your new scoliosis and arthritis diagnoses😔 and am sending heartfelt prayers that you rest COMFORTABLY this evening, and for successful treatment!!!🙏🙏

I hope you are able to return to work also because I know how much you enjoy it🤞, and sharing your expertise here!❤ I know I have benefited from some of your suggestions when checking in over the past few years, and now experiment with big, bold scarves but was a little intimidated before.🤗 I am looking forward to seeing your new fashion treasures!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess I could not leave without commenting on your stylish outfit!! Your colorful jacket is BEAUTIFUL❤, and your wedges complement it perfectly! Well done!👍👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles 

One thing I did after hearing everything about universal scarves,  I got the few I had since I can't duplicate (I know because I'm always looking!) the prints took them to a seamstress, had the seam cut and ends serged.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband and I have two knee replacements each. The surgery is so much easier than it was and your knee will feel so much better, ECBG.  I wouldn't put it off until January.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG That was a BRILLIANT idea!💡 I would never have thought of that but now am thinking...🤔

~~~All we need is LOVE💖