Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

[ Edited ]

@wilma 

@hoovermom

@NYCLatinaMe 

I would say to Wilma to tread lightly.  Some things are best said when left unsaid. I feel that you have a large share of common sense, Wilma, and that after teaching school, you know when to approach and when not to.  The church is a lot like school. 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@wilma 

@hoovermom

@NYCLatinaMe 

I would say to Wilma to tread lightly.  Some things are best said when left unsaid. I feel that you have a large share of common sense, Wilma, and that after teaching school, you know when to approach and when not to.  The church is a lot like school. 

@Nonametoday 

The choir director asked us after the cantor meeting if we had any questions so I took that opportunity to ask again for a modern upbeat song once in awhile. Considering I've asked her in the past year and nothing happened, I doubt anything will change in the future. I've decided not to say anything to the priest.

Have a Great Week! 

Honored Contributor

So, week before last I forgot to take a pic before changing clothes. I wasn't able to take it before I left the house and then forgot when I got home. 

This past Sunday's outfit:  Spense animal print top, Investments pants, and Madden Girl peep toe mesh high heel shooties, best I can explain them.

19 MAY 2024 Outfit.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

You look very nice!  That's a good animal print!  

I love Investments' pants.  I wore them and sold them!

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

The shape and cut of that top is very flattering on you. With the black pants and shoes, that makes a very nice outfit!

I hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend!

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess  That is a very nice outfit and figure flattering.

@wilma  I was going to say the same thing about the top.

It is a very flattering fit, as are the fit and style of the pants.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wore this new Anne Klein dress to sing at church. It's my first eBay purchase. I decided to take a chance, because it was listed as "new with tags", it's my preferred dress style, and it is a brand I'm familiar with wearing.

Knee length faux wrap dresses aren't very popular right now so I haven't seen many in my local stores. I've been checking online and local consignment shops too, but no luck.

I read a thread here a while back about someone buying lots of QVC clothes on eBay so I decided to check that out. I looked at Q clothes first. That was interesting. 

Then, I typed "wrap dresses" in the search bar and got a lot of hits. Way too many. So I narrowed my search to knee length with sleeves and in my size and that brought down the selections to a couple pages. 

I own several of these kinds of dresses so finding something different that I like is a challenge. Most of the prints weren't to my liking, and I already had faux wrap dresses in the solid colors that were available, so I settled on this geometric print. The color is definitely way out of my comfort zone. I never wear anything in any shade of pink.

I hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend. If you're in the path of storms, like us, I hope you stay safe. Enjoy the week ahead! 🌈

IMG_6165.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

I think you look very nice!  Wrap dresses will come back very soon if they really left at all, Liz Clayborne designed the first and they're iconic!

Maybe you will be more comfy with a cardi or blazer over the dress.  Churches can be very cold!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma 

The dress is very becoming on you and I know what you mean about going out of your comfort zone in choosing colors.  I had purchased this Quacker Factory 'Life is Rosey' top a year ago in black that Angel is wearing below I don't usually care for embellishments but this top just has a few little sparkles on the front and I really like it and get alot of compliments when wearing it, so I ordered a 'plum' color on eBay, a color that I don't usually wear, I'm wearing it today with jeans.  Have a wonderful day and week!  

Life is Rosey Printed and Sparkle Top

Honored Contributor

@SoCal Bred 

OH!  You look so cute!