Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@ECBG wrote:

@wilma 

I'm so very glad the director is easier to work with.  You are so very gifted, it would be a shame if you weren't used.Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

Thank you for your kind words and compliments. Yes, things seem better. Hope that continues because I love to sing. I'm not singing every weekend yet like in the past, but I won't refuse her requests for help when she needs someone. 

I hope you are doing better. 🌈

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @wilma!. I have been waiting for your report!  Of course the director needs you.  I am often shocked to see the way some push away others when what they should be doing is bringing more people in.  It's like their ego makes them forget the purpose of the whole thing.

Looks like the other soloist is unhappy too.  Maybe the director needs to get the message.  I pray he is just not putting you in the middle.  I would consider speaking to the other soloist to see if he/she feels the same way about the music as you do.  If both of you feel the same way, it is likely many others do.  Maybe the director needs to reconsider what he is doing, and he will listen if you speak together.  After all, I think you said he is new to the parish?  What may have worked for him elsewhere may not be the best for this congregation.  Or maybe he is pursuing his idealized vision that is not shared by others.  Here the churches are losing parishioners and closing down, being deconsecrated and sold.  It's a shame.

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma You look very good as always!  I like your bedspread.  I am in the market for one.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess @wilma 

You both always look good.  I love that blouse (Icegoddess) that you got at RueLaLa.  I used to shop there but now it no longer takes my password and I made a new one and it won't take that one either, so I gave up.

Wilma, I like the new preppy look and liked it when it was a thing of the 80s.  You look very nice in it, but also whatever is fashionable as well.  Good luck at with your singing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma  - Love the Ralph Lauren top and the whole look.  Do you think the preppy look is coming back?  I also loved it back in the day.  At first I thought your top was Tommy Hilfiger.

Remember when you posted that recording of you singing?  I was one of the lucky ones that got to hear you before it was taken down.  Maybe one day could do another one - one of these days.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe 

Thank you for your support and insights.

Our last 2 choir directors and our new priest prefer old traditional hymns on the organ and chant so our music has been trending this way for about 2 years. I don't see us ever going back to a variety of traditional and contemporary music while this priest & director are here. I would like to talk to both our priest & director at the same time about music, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort and stress. 

Enjoy your weekend! 

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@wilma You look very good as always!  I like your bedspread.  I am in the market for one.

@NYCLatinaMe 

Thank you for the compliment.

I've had that bedspread for years. I prefer neutral bedspreads, and then I use a few decorative pillows in colors and prints that go with the color scheme of the bedroom. I liked the stitching detail on this one. 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Thank you for the compliments and well wishes.
Enjoy your Weekend! 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

You are correct. It is a Tommy Hilfiger sweater. I fixed that in my original post. 

Thank you for the compliments on my sweater and my singing. Yes, I remember posting that link. I'm assuming it was removed due to its religious content. I doubt I will ever post my voice again for that reason.

I have recordings of me singing non religious songs when I was in a band and sang at events around town. I know people used to post music links in this thread a long time ago, but again, not sure that would work anymore. Seems any external links get removed these days. 

Enjoy your Weekend! 

Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

Thank you for your support and insights.

Our last 2 choir directors and our new priest prefer old traditional hymns on the organ and chant so our music has been trending this way for about 2 years. I don't see us ever going back to a variety of traditional and contemporary music while this priest & director are here. I would like to talk to both our priest & director at the same time about music, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort and stress. 

Enjoy your weekend! 

@wilma :  I have never chimed in on this discussion, but as a soloist for over 35 years I understand your frustration.  Times have changed since I started singing and it is up to you to choose which path you can take and still enjoy ministering to the congregation.  Personally I would never approach a priest about the direction he feels like the church needs music-wise or even go to the director of music. They have been called to lead and it seems like they are doing that with their own style.  That's really above my pay grade.  Hopefully you can find peace in whatever decision you make.  Best wishes to you.