Esteemed Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Sage04 

We've moved to under wellness.

@ECBG  I received the notification you sent about moving it to Wellness. I've Posted there yesterday.

Honored Contributor

Wilma:  Wow.......the water there is so very, very clear....even more clear (than I remember) when we visited Maui and Kuai.  Years ago.

Thank you for taking the time to post photos!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I went to physical therapy today and got allergy shots.  I was sore so no pictures.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regarding my ongoing choir drama....

The choir director contacted me, and asked me if I could be the soloist this weekend. I guess no one else was available. I told her I would do it.

Hope Everyone's having a Good Week! ☀️

Honored Contributor

Wilma:  Good for you!  And good for them, too!

'Absence makes the heart grow fonder'.....

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG  @wilma  and any one else:  Girls on gabapentin.  I have a little information on gabapentin.  I take it intermittently, in combination with Trileptal (oxcarbazepine) for trigeminal neuralgia.  Take your medication according to your doctor instructions in order to get pain relief, knowing that all drugs have potential devastating side effects and many are addictive but if you push everything off your plate with contraindications, side effects and what others warn you of, you will continue to be in pain. 

I have been taking both since 2008.  I am not addicted except that I have trigeminal neuralgia and have had several procedures for it, to no avail and these two drugs are the only thing that helps me.  My neurologist has told me not to pay any attention to the Nagging Nellie's about my drug as they have never suffered the pain I have. 

As someone who worked as a medical medical professional for more than 40 years, there is pain and there is da*n pain and when someone suffers the kind of pain that I have, they will learn to take what helps and keep their opinions to themselves.  Forty percent of the women who have what I have commit suicide because not even those drugs or brain procedures help them.  I have had 4 procedures all of which worked for a short period of time, weeks to 3 months, but after that, no more.  But, my doctors had me take small doses even so.  So give me gabapentin and oxcarbazepine or a g*n.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG 

@ROMARY 

@NYCLatinaMe 

Thank you all. We had a great time! It is a beautiful place. The blue green waters are why they call it Florida's Emerald Coast. I've been to other beaches, but IMO the Gulf Coast waters on Florida's panhandle are very beautiful.

Have a good night and a great day tomorrow! 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I went to physical therapy today and got allergy shots.  I was sore so no pictures.

@ECBG 

I hope the therapy helps you. You've been through so much lately. Always wishing you the best.

Hoping you feel better soon. 🌈

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

Wilma:  Good for you!  And good for them, too!

'Absence makes the heart grow fonder'.....

@ROMARY 

I'm willing to help out this weekend since no one else is available. Will see how things go. My stress level has gone down drastically since being away from that whole "situation". 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

I'm sorry you've suffered through so much pain in your life. It's good you and your doctor have found a treatment plan that helps you cope. Good Health and Best Wishes to You! 

I've never been on either of the medications you mentioned, but I have taken some pain killers during chronic illness and after surgeries. I suffered for 15 years (1986-2001) before radical surgery literally saved and changed my life. I was on lots of medications that had side effects during that time. Grateful to be past that stage of my life.