Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

That's right! Contemplate your outfit 'cuz we're posting ourselves daily!

I'll be chopping my head off since I'm terminally unphotogenic but I'll give you a mirror shot that you can picture on my body.(hold vwery vwery still)..Woman Wink

mirror me.jpg

Me2!.jpg

Grey pants (Marc Bouwer) against grey carpet? Good on you Andrea! lol

The top is Indigo Thread.

Hair by Wen!

Back to day one, in case some of you never saw it or read it.  Sweet, funny, self-depricating Andrea.

❤️❤️❤️

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@wilma I love your Max Azria dress and your Mother's heart locket.

I do too! 
Prayers for your church friend.🙏

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma 

Lovely dress and your shoes are pretty. I have not had a pair of dressy pumps in so long, not sure I would even know what is "in" or not, but I think your shoes are darling. The past two years have had me in running shoes most days, in summer open toe wedge sandals and in winter, boots. I really should get out more and see what sort of pretty closed toe shoes call my name.

You are very talented to be able to sing and play an instrument. I was sorry to read about your pianist. I wish her a speedy recovery. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I saw it @bricklee on the first day and have followed and posted very very quietly, mainly just doing hearts for my presence being known.  Andrea and I had some communication back and forth about different items and where to get the best deal.  She was a lovely lady that treated all posters very well. 

But if some of these disrespectful posters keep it up my quietness will turn into a ROAR!   

The original posters and the ones who post almost daily have done an excellent job to keep this thread going in Andrea's memory.   None of those stylish ladies have tried to hijack this thread or make it all about themselves.   Thanks for reminding us all of the beginning, especially with the anniversary date of that first post coming up soon.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

What a lovely dress, @wilma.  I would like to find a pair of nude or taupe shoes like yours.  They look very good with the black dress.

Honored Contributor

We got to 81degrees and I am so happy!  The weather last night had me getting ready a ompletely different outfit!

Our black capris (skimmers) a square neck senim top with long sleeves and a leopard print jacket from Ruby Road.

20220510_174243.jpg

Honored Contributor

I, too, really like the color of @wilma 's shoes. 

I've never been a follower of *the colorwheel or seasons*, but truly do believe that a nude or taupe shoe elongates the legs as dark shoes really cut you off at the ankle.

It's the same as dressing in a monochromatic color scheme to give the optical illusion of more height perhaps or not cutting yourself off at the waist or hips with a different color or print.

I remember doing this before I ever heard it mentioned by stylists and even wore a nude sandal for my wedding back in the early 80's.

My first expensive high heels were a pair of Etienne Aigner pumps in taupe---I was hooked!

Honored Contributor

@FLgardener 

Many thanks for your kindness and kind comments.

I work with so many ladies and love the light in their eyes when they feel wonderful which is a gift to me.

I teach and show how to achieve what they love to help them feel wonderful which every woman has the right to.

Andrea just wanted to do outfits.  Fine.  Everyone makes their own choices and loves. She knew I was a professional stylist and invited me to share what I knew.  We were both trying to help.

Many thanks.  You and I are are very similar.  Your name makes me smile.

Have a wonderful evening and thank you for the light you gave me.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG , Thank you. As you know, my response was not without criticism; but I weigh that with the knowledge that you are without guile.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@FLgardener 

Many thanks for your kindness and kind comments.

I work with so many ladies and love the light in their eyes when they feel wonderful which is a gift to me.

I teach and show how to achieve what they love to help them feel wonderful which every woman has the right to.

Andrea just wanted to do outfits.  Fine.  Everyone makes their own choices and loves. She knew I was a professional stylist and invited me to share what I knew.  We were both trying to help.

Many thanks.  You and I are are very similar.  Your name makes me smile.

Have a wonderful evening and thank you for the light you gave me.

That post was removed @ECBG .  There were a few things said that were not that kind.