Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@Andreatoo 

Wonderful color on you!!!!!  GET more for sure, lol!Smiley Happy

Hugs!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo @crawford5153 @Judaline @Icegoddess 

and Ladies!

We're in rain at 43 degrees.  I'm wearing our ribbed turtleneck in black and an Eileen Fisher bright burgundy shirt.  Silpada er's. 

20210213_100633.jpg

20210213_100653.jpg

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@crawford5153 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@wilma 

Do you have a kerosene heater or camping stove?  We find those invaluable here in the mountains.

Our power went off last week for 6 hours and our whole house generator kicked in and ran the house without fail including heat, lights, t.v., computers, two refrigerators, and two freezers plus cooking range.. At first, I argued with hubs about spending that much money to buy one.  Now I am thankful to have one.  

@crawford5153 

Sounds great. What brand generator do you have? 

We don’t have a generator, but DH actually started discussing this possibility the other day. We live with above ground utilities so our wires tend to go down in bad winter & spring storms. 

We have a Generac 22kw generator with a 500-gallon propane fuel tank.  If the power would go out as it did during Dericho a few years back we were told that it would run for 2 weeks sraight before running out of propane fuel and that is 24/7. You will wonder how yuo lived without out should you purchase one.  

@crawford5153 I want one of those generators.  Our power really doesn't go off that often, but we did have a whole week without power a few years back when a tornado came through.  I was hopeful of getting one when they were running a natural gas line across the street at the end of our street, but couldn't get any neighbors wanting to pay in to run it down the street.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG nice combo, very slimming.

We have icing conditions right now.  Also expect another round of ice on Monday.  

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Andreatoo @crawford5153 @Judaline @Icegoddess 

and Ladies!

We're in rain at 43 degrees.  I'm wearing our ribbed turtleneck in black and an Eileen Fisher bright burgundy shirt.  Silpada er's. 

20210213_100633.jpg

20210213_100653.jpg

Wow do you ever look nice!  Love the three pieces together plus the belt. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ECBG nice combo, very slimming.

We have icing conditions right now.  Also expect another round of ice on Monday.  

@Icegoddess 

We're getting artic air.  If it goes down much further,  we'll have snow.   The furnace goes in Sunday, they hammered flues yesterday.  It will make it 2 weeks!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@crawford5153 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@crawford5153 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@wilma 

Do you have a kerosene heater or camping stove?  We find those invaluable here in the mountains.

Our power went off last week for 6 hours and our whole house generator kicked in and ran the house without fail including heat, lights, t.v., computers, two refrigerators, and two freezers plus cooking range.. At first, I argued with hubs about spending that much money to buy one.  Now I am thankful to have one.  

@crawford5153 

Sounds great. What brand generator do you have? 

We don’t have a generator, but DH actually started discussing this possibility the other day. We live with above ground utilities so our wires tend to go down in bad winter & spring storms. 

We have a Generac 22kw generator with a 500-gallon propane fuel tank.  If the power would go out as it did during Dericho a few years back we were told that it would run for 2 weeks sraight before running out of propane fuel and that is 24/7. You will wonder how yuo lived without out should you purchase one.  

@crawford5153 I want one of those generators.  Our power really doesn't go off that often, but we did have a whole week without power a few years back when a tornado came through.  I was hopeful of getting one when they were running a natural gas line across the street at the end of our street, but couldn't get any neighbors wanting to pay in to run it down the street.  

That is exactly why we got a generator as we too were without power for 7 days and it was blazing hot here.  We would go ut and sit in the car with the dogs and run the air conditioner so we all could get cool for a bit.No no way to shower had to take sponge baths ugh. That was when hubs said I will not go thru this again without a generator.  We had a 500-gallon propane tank out in and that is what our generator uses as fuel.

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153 

You can also run cold water over your wrists to cool down.

Honored Contributor

Sunday's outfit. There will be several pics.  It was a bit chillly, but not as cold as it's going to be tomorrow.  The top is from The Pyramid Store which was a catalog company.  Not sure if it still exists.  Generic leggins and riding boots.  I think the boots may have come from Chadwick's.  It was when I discovered that boots were getting smaller diameter shafts.  Never before had a problem getting my legs in a pair of boots.  These, I had to use something smooth along my leg to keep the zipper from biting it.  I eventually bought something called Boot Bands which solved my problem and even allowed me to wear them with leggings.  Not a cheap accessory though.  

Pic 1 My Outfit, Pic 2 My Outfit with my Dennis Basso Faux Fur Coat, Pic 3 Closeup of the boots, Pic 4 a pic of the Boot Bands.

7 FEB 2021 Outfit.jpgDennis Basso Faux Fur.jpg

Black Boots.jpg

Boot Bands.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Darling outfit!!!Smiley Happy