Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

As someone else commented, Viola's dress would be a beautiful wedding dress, lined. 

I'd like to see her in a different color, same style.  An elegant jewel tone, maybe.

Reese's dress:  The belt looks out of place (to me) but I do like the style.  Very flattering.

On careful inspection it may be lined flesh color?  In other words, I don't think we can see her "girls" through the intricate embroidery of the top portion of that dress.  I don't see Viola dressing risque....I could be wrong but I wish I could get a closer look at it @ROMARY .

I am sure it was lined.  Naked dresses are not Ms. Davis's style.

Esteemed Contributor

And I wanted to give some love to HER, I loved her style!

36B6588B-6AE8-4F59-9B93-22996976A486.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I was also underwhelmed with Reese W.  The belt doesn't look like a belt to go with an Oscar dress.  I'd also love to see her do something with her hair like her date, Laura Dern.  

Esteemed Contributor

~source Buzz Feed

Viola Davis actually wore a skin-colored corset, which you can see through the cutout detailing in her Alexander McQueen dress. To achieve the effect in the age of social distancing, the designer tried roughly 20 swatches and consulted Viola's makeup artist.

Viola Davis wearing a long white gown

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Simone Boseman, Chadwick's widow, in a custom Versace gown. I think it's so beautiful, the color is incredible.

I went to bed before it was over, can't believe he didn't win.

image (1).jpeg

She is absolutely gorgeous!  I can see why Chadwick chose her. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Renee Zellweger in a simple and pretty pink gown.

Esteemed Contributor

Instagram post shared by @themarleematlin

Nominee Marlee Matlin shared a photo from backstage with Renee Zellweger alongside presenters Reese Witherspoon and Laura Dern.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Renee Zellweger in a simple and pretty pink gown.

@San Antonio Gal Thanks for posting. I didn't even know that Renee was there, I haven't seen any pics of her at all other than this one!

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe :  My guess is Glenn wore gloves because her hands have aged badly.  I know all about that, I'm 77.

Honored Contributor

I like Marlee's dress, too. 

Also, Marlee is a very unique name.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).