Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oprah's O magazine shutting down after 20 years

Photoshopping is done with many celebrities. Not a good reason to hate on people and fat shaming is okay as long as it’s about someone you don’t like. Same folks here who hate Oprah hate Martha Stewart. Shame on all the hate
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting to see this thread still active. Gotta admit some here have 'evolved' - 'creative' comments that are just thinly veiled comments of hate and bigotry

I think Danica Patrick has one of the BEST responses to meanspirited judgmental small minded trolls...

"Realize that what someone says to us has a lot more to do with their own wounds and reality than ours."

img_5482.png

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

I wish Oprah would go away totally

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have not read the magazine for years, because so much available on the internet, but Oprah's rags to riches life was incredible, not because of a leg up but hard work and luck.  I bought the magazine occasionally because of its positive outlook that I found inspirational when I was feeling down.  I am sad to see it go.  Not many magazines feature African American women on their cover.  I thought she was essential.  I am sure she will still pick books and favorite things.

Trusted Contributor

After what she said about children feeling "safe" with ped creeps which made me sick I have no respect for her. Sick woman. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Checking my watch, yes it is time for another Oprah Bashing Session.   ⏱🔨

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@savories wrote:

It's about time.......amazes me how she pontificates about diet and weight loss and gains/loses the same 50 lbs. every new WW program. I wonder how WW keeps her as a spokesperson as she is not the best example of a successful WW dieter.

No great loss.

@savories  

O purchased a massive amount of WW stock several years ago. Thus, she's now the spokesperson. It doesn't matter if WW works for her or not, she in control of the companies stockholders. A lot of photoshopping from time to time and it appears she's lost 50 lbs.(thanks WW and a new campaign advertising program is released). Then, O is able to "gain" her weight back. One would think people would catch on the this, but so far they are falling for the scam and it's working. O is making money as usual. Decades ago, I enjoyed her TV program. Haven't liked/trusted her since she became the Lady O and felt she was like Royalty.

Wonder what Stephen thinks about the changes in his girlfriend? Or, are they still together? That's always been a very strange relationship. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

Never purchased the magazine, and I haven't been impressed with Oprah for many years now, very disappointing, she's not the Oprah of the time she gave away cars on her show and interviewed anybody and everybody in the same decent manner.  I'm really not impressed when the hosts say that you should buy something because it's on Oprah's list. Big deal. I'd probably want to buy it if maybe it was on my sisters list.

Honored Contributor

I loved/love O's magazine issues.  

I subscribed for years, and haven't in a few years.  Why not?  I really don't know.  

Sad to see O's magazine leaving.  Although I realize that running a magazine enterprise isn't an easy task. 

I still have a few issues stored away 'here and there', and enjoy re-reading them as I run across them.  

Wishing Oprah and also all of her employees the best of luck.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Just fyi - That was because it was a big deal when she first saw an African American person on the front cover of a magazine. She wanted to show little girls what's possible.

Nope.  She said she put herself on the cover each month because sales went down the few times she wasn't on the cover.  It was all about sales.