Honored Contributor

Re: Oprah's Favorite Things 2017

Love these Sorel boots

Slimpack 1964 Boots

"You needn't have hosted a talk show in Chicago for 25 frozen winters to appreciate these nearly indestructible waterproof boots—but it sure does help."—Oprah

201712-omag-olist-boots-949x534.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I cannot read that cover posted in the original post.

Are those really Oprah's dogs or just ones she used for this cover? 

@Lipstickdiva ... I made the cover larger and it says ....

".....bandanas modeled by my furry friends" ... so, no, I don't think they are her's, but they are gorgeous!

@EastCoastGal, thank you.   I've seen her dogs several times in various magazines and social media and I didn't think they were hers but then she could have added to her pack.  They certainly are beautiful dogs. 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have the Chicos cuff watch from her original list, my Mom loved it when she saw it on my wrist so I gave it to her, shortly after she passed away I saw it on her dresser so I took it back, it is a very sentimental item for me

I had that watch too.  I didn't know it was on her favorite list at the time.  My aunt was wearing it and I admired it on her.  She ended up buying the watch for both my sister and I for a gift.   

Honored Contributor

Tory Burch sportswear Heart the tear away pants are trending!

Fast Friends
Banner Tear-Away Track Pants

"Reese Witherspoon turned me on to Tory Burch's new sport line, and I owe her one. These track pants go with everything: a sweater and boots or heels and a blazer. I'm hooked." —Oprah

201712-omag-olist-pants-949x534.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@cherry  A good portion of posters on these boards detest celebrities. You can see it here every day. The vitriol towards them is amazing. But yet, they constantly talk about the movies and tv shows they watch. I think most don't like who they vote for and that they have money.

So TRUE, "SOME" posters appear to be "mad" when "certain" people have money.  If X pubilic figure has money it is okay but if "Y" person has the same money, has on the same outfit, goes the same places, it is a "problem" or there is a lot of "funny" comments. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

Slippery Slope
Pudus Classics Red Plaid Lumberjack Slipper Socks

"I put on these cozy sock slippers for the Favorite Things shoot, and I loved them! So will anyone you give them to, from toddlers to grandmas

201712-omag-olist-socks-949x534.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Tory Burch sportswear Heart the tear away pants are trending!

Fast Friends
Banner Tear-Away Track Pants

"Reese Witherspoon turned me on to Tory Burch's new sport line, and I owe her one. These track pants go with everything: a sweater and boots or heels and a blazer. I'm hooked." —Oprah

201712-omag-olist-pants-949x534.jpg

@Chi-town girl ... Tear away pants?? Hmmmm.... Those could come in handy!! Haha Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

There is another handbag on the list -Vera Bradley. Note there is a code for 20 % off for all or most items on the list

Put Your Money Where Your Hip Is
Iconic and Mallory RFID All-in-One Cross-Bodies

"Why give a wallet when you can give a wallet that converts into a cross-body bag?"—Oprah

201712-omag-olist-purases-949x534.jpg

Honored Contributor

Fit to Be Tried
NYDJ Gift of Fit

"File this under brilliant ideas, from my favorite denim brand: Inside the box are a measuring tape and a card with a redemption code. The giftee takes her measurements, goes online, orders the best-fitting jeans of her life, and looks a size smaller."—Oprah

201712-omag-olist-nydj-gift-of-fit-949x534.jpg

Honored Contributor

Your Table Awaits
Scented Candles by Joya

"For a while there, I was all candled out. The scent has to be subtle for me. These are—and they're formulated to re-create the ambience of four incredible restaurants: Bouchon, Ad Hoc, the French Laundry, and Per Se. One whiff and I'm ready to make a reservation."—Oprah

201712-omag-olist-scented-candles-949x534.jpg