Super Contributor

Mods - A Question for Gary of Denim & Co - Please.

Mods - I like Denim & Co and I buy a lot from that line.  However, I am totally baffled by the intermingling of the sizing between XL and 1X and so I take a chance every time I buy a D&Co garment because if the garment doesn't fit I don't have another choice.  Unfortunately, in general terms I sometimes need to switch between XL and 1X but in the D&Co line these sizes are the same or totally intermingled.  (For example, the waist on an XL can be larger than the waist on the 1X, or quite often the Chest size is exactly the same).  Yet to go down to, say, an L or up to a 2X involves a change of about 4" which is too much.

Yes, I do understand that the 1X is in the Plus sizes, but I still don't see why these two sizes have to be almost exactly the same.

I do not use Facebook or Twitter so I cannot ask Gary, but I hope that somehow the Mods could mention to D&Co that people within these two sizes have little choice if the garment doesn't quite fit.  I wish these two sizes could be eased just a bit - I am sure a lot of people would be very appreciative.

Mods - I hope this description makes sense and I thank you in advance.

Valued Contributor

Re: Mods - A Question for Gary of Denim & Co - Please.

LOGO and probably other brands are the same.  I asked Lori Goldstein on Facebook, about a year ago, about the sizing and why the XL and 1X were essentially the same measurements.  Her answer was that she really didn't know, it had to do with "metrics." 

To your point, it doesn't make any sense.  

Several years ago I bought a coat from an on-line retailer (don't remember which one).  I bought an XL and it was too big.  I looked closer at the on-line sizing and decided to exhange it for a 1X.  The 1X was actually smaller all around and fit much better than the XL.  

@Fona

QVC Customer Care

@Fona wrote:

Mods - I like Denim & Co and I buy a lot from that line.  However, I am totally baffled by the intermingling of the sizing between XL and 1X and so I take a chance every time I buy a D&Co garment because if the garment doesn't fit I don't have another choice.  Unfortunately, in general terms I sometimes need to switch between XL and 1X but in the D&Co line these sizes are the same or totally intermingled.  (For example, the waist on an XL can be larger than the waist on the 1X, or quite often the Chest size is exactly the same).  Yet to go down to, say, an L or up to a 2X involves a change of about 4" which is too much.

Yes, I do understand that the 1X is in the Plus sizes, but I still don't see why these two sizes have to be almost exactly the same.

I do not use Facebook or Twitter so I cannot ask Gary, but I hope that somehow the Mods could mention to D&Co that people within these two sizes have little choice if the garment doesn't quite fit.  I wish these two sizes could be eased just a bit - I am sure a lot of people would be very appreciative.

Hi @Fona

I certainly understand how the sizing on the XL and 1X can be frustrating!  I would be happy to forward your feedback to our Denim and Company team for consideration!

Barb

Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Fona,First of all, the people at Q and businesses have public facebook accounts.  You don't have to be a member to ask a question.

Secondly, working in retail clothing after teaching, I have seen that in sleeveless, XL has a larger arm opening than 1 X does.  Many times a lady can go to 1X and get essentially the same fit with a smaller arm hole that keeps underwear from showing.

Across the board, generally, XL and 1X are very similar.  There is always an exception to the rule, and one day you may find a designer who is different.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

@Fona wrote:

Hi @Fona

I certainly understand how the sizing on the XL and 1X can be frustrating!  I would be happy to forward your feedback to our Denim and Company team for consideration!

Barb

Customer Care

Barbara-QVC:  Many thanks for this.  I am not sure if D&Co can do anything, but at least they might be more aware of what is a problem for some customers.

LuvMyLab and ECBG:  Thank you very much for your feedback. 

It is interesting that other designers would also have this same type of sizing.  I wonder how it all came about.

I don't know anything about Facebook so had no idea about a "public" facebook.  This information might be useful to other posters, too.

Thanks again.

Valued Contributor

I have the same problem on the other end  I have always worn  xxsmall or years ago before even xs I wore s  All of a sudden the 2 or xxs are huge so I am also afraid to  buy pants  I have figured out everybody that has Shivon for a buyer this has happened to me only pants      I tried Kim graval  susan gravers jeans  and they were huge  This has never happened  I think there is a cetain sizing for all her stuff so anyone who uses her as a buyer just have the same sizing

Respected Contributor

Post on his Facebook page. You are more likely to get an answer there. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, Gary Goben on Facebook will sometimes answer questions in an hr.

I got Quacker jeans (2) 40 bucks each, well , 2nd pair was 4 off, but, anyway got my regular 'L' size and those things are BIG . I had to take an inch hem even thought they were 'short'. I washed in warm water instead of cold and put in hot dryer to shrink them up to a Medium. Next time washing in HOT water to make them draw up more.

Legs are big ! but, then could just be because I ride 24miles a week on the recumbent bike and my legs aren't that big as maybe the regular gals.

I may have to order a 'M' in the future. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Fona,First of all, the people at Q and businesses have public facebook accounts.  You don't have to be a member to ask a question.

Secondly, working in retail clothing after teaching, I have seen that in sleeveless, XL has a larger arm opening than 1 X does.  Many times a lady can go to 1X and get essentially the same fit with a smaller arm hole that keeps underwear from showing.

Across the board, generally, XL and 1X are very similar.  There is always an exception to the rule, and one day you may find a designer who is different.

@ECBG.  I've always assumed that the 1X is made to accommodate a larger cup size of a plus size woman.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Barb, you might also tell him that D&C pants with elastic waists are too tight in the waist and too big in the hips.