Honored Contributor

On our local channel in the DC area they are showing fashions from the Oprah Collection.  There are some cute clothes on there.

I didn't even know any of this existed?  Who else was aware of this?

Honored Contributor

Aren't the pieces actually Oprah's own clothing that she is putting up for sale? 

I don't think she has a clothing collection she designed.

Respected Contributor

Talbots currently has a capsule collection in collaboration with Oprah's magazine, where a portion of the "net proceeds" (30%) benefits Dress for Success. (Talbots is also collecting donations of clothing and cash donations for the organization.) Maybe that's what this was about?

Interestingly enough, there was a photo shoot for the promotion of the the project, and Jill Martin was one of the women taking part.

Honored Contributor

Re: Oprah Collection?

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Aren't the pieces actually Oprah's own clothing that she is putting up for sale? 

I don't think she has a clothing collection she designed.

@Lipstickdiva  Talkbots has a partnership with Oprah and her name is on some of their clothes and jewelry.  However, I don't know what her role is, whether she has any input about the items or is just endorsing them for a cause together with Talbots.  I'm sure you could Google and find out what the connection is, if you are that interested.

Jonbon knows more about the connection than I do but there must be articles on the 'net about it.

Esteemed Contributor

I always thought Oprah wore her clothing too tight..