Valued Contributor

Opinion please, on Linen and Herringbone

I have the Linen pants(253577) in black from this season on there way to me. I am wondering if the Herringbone B/W longer jacket (238540) from last fall would go together. I am not good at putting textures and patterns togather. I know some look good and some do not. Designista, I see you have reviewed both, what do you think?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opinion please, on Linen and Herringbone

If you are referring to the jacket that came in black and white, red and white and lapis and white that is a tweed fabrication and lined. I would think it would be not suitable until colder weather.
Honored Contributor

The herringbone is jacket is a winter jacket and the linen is a summer fabric. I would not wear them together.

Esteemed Contributor

Is there a reason why you didn't consider A253575, which is the matching jacket to your linen pants?

Super Contributor

KayKayWA, I have both of those pieces, and also would not put them together. The Herringbone jacket is too heavy/winter of a weight to look good with the light, softly crisp texture and weight of the linen crosshatch pant, IN MY OPINION only, of course ... I am no designer, and not as creative as Louis Dell"Olio Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi, KayKay. That Black/White Herringbone is a great jacket, but it does not go with the Linen pants for all the reasons the gals mentioned above. Here is what I suggest. Pick up a pair of Black Ponte or other black pants to wear with the Herringbone jacket that aren't summer weight. I'd also get the Black Ponte Seamed Jacket to go over the Herringbone pants---it is a fabulous Jacket and you will live in it---it's that comfortable. Pop any color of WK under the Jacket to wear with the linen pants---including the Black and White horizontal striped WK top. Hope that helps.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

I just wore the new ikat shirt jacket in chili pepper/black with the linen blend black pants & they look great together & are ideal for summer.