Respected Contributor

Re: Oh my goodness! A man who packs his wife's suitcase :)

I travel a lot and I really know how to pack--I'm like a professional packer---LOL---when I travel on vacation with friends---they marvel at my packing---and always say "geez, I wish you could pack for me!" So, having someone who is a great packer is a real bonus---and I bet he loves doing it for her.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

On 6/5/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:
On 6/5/2014 ciley said:
On 6/5/2014 ciley said:

If your husband was a mechanic would you let him change the oil in your car or would you do it yourself? If your husband was a computer expert would you let him get rid of that virus you picked up or would you have do it? If you husband was Chef would you let him cook meals for you or would you have to do it since only you really know what you like or want to eat?

Some of these replies make me shake my head in amazement and wonder if there is anything anyone can say any more that someone can't nitpick to death, criticize, and act holier than thou about!

Oh enough with the scolding those who disagree with a post. We're allowed our opinions. If my husband was a dentist would I let him brush my teeth? No. His being a designer does not mean he should pack her suitcase and/or pick out her outfits. Some things are personal and those are what I personally do not want or allow anyone to do for me. I would however allow him to carry my bag once I had packed it. Wink

FYI no one ever said he picked out her outfits....what he said is that he was better at packing than she was so she left the packing to him. Boy that sure makes him a controlling jerk doesn't it???

Excuse me?! Over react much! I never used the words "controlling". Your words not mine. I said in my earlier post that I like to do personal things myself and I find that I edit my packing as I do it so having someone else pack for me would just be annoying. If it works for them that's fine.

I'm the one who said he could possibly be a control freak and I stand by my opinion. Maybe this man just trying to be thoughtful & helpful, I don't know, but there are plenty of stories in the news & true crime drama shows about men trying to control everything about their wives so it isn't exactly beyond the realm of possibility.

Super Contributor

On 6/5/2014 ciley said:

What makes you think I was speaking directly to you? I wasn't until you chastised me for stating my opinion. There were posts that called it controlling behavior and I was addressing the fact that there always has to be someone who finds the negative and makes an issue out of it even when there is no issue.

Obviously whether he picks out her clothes, packs them, or cuts her meat for her, it works for THEM.

When you quote someone's post in yours as you did mine then you're speaking to them. That's how it works. And I don't "chastise" anyone for voicing their opinion. I do chastise when anyone scolds the rest of us for voicing ours. That's what you did.

Regular Contributor

On 6/5/2014 ciley said:

What makes you think I was speaking directly to you? I wasn't until you chastised me for stating my opinion. There were posts that called it controlling behavior and I was addressing the fact that there always has to be someone who finds the negative and makes an issue out of it even when there is no issue.

Obviously whether he picks out her clothes, packs them, or cuts her meat for her, it works for THEM.

When you quote someone's post in yours as you did mine then you're speaking to them. That's how it works. And I don't "chastise" anyone for voicing their opinion. I do chastise when anyone scolds the rest of us for voicing ours. That's what you did.

Go back and read my original post. I did not quote anyone and was addressing the derision in general. Done with this ridiculousness now.

Contributor

It's show time Folks! It wouldn't be a true Linea Day without our usual drive by posters.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd love it but would likely end up with a case full of lingerie, lipstick, and shoes not made for walking!{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

This is a funny (to me, anyway). Long story short.....my husband got a hotel room for our 20th anniversary as a SURPRISE for me. When he drove up to the hotel, I said I CANNOT stay here.....I don't have clothes, toiletries, etc. He said, let's just go in and SEE if they have a room available. I refused and stayed in the car. I was not in a good mood (for other reasons) and really resented that he wouldn't listen to me. Well, in a few minutes he opens the door from the hotel closest to the car and motions me in. I was FUMING! I went in, and he opened a door, and there was rose petals AND bouquets of roses all over the room. He had my toiletries, clothes, underwear, and EVERYTHING, right down to my nightly cuticle cream and lip balm! I was STUNNED. STUNNED, I tell you. It was so sweet and so unexpected. He did everything perfectly except he brought flowered panties to wear with white pants!!! Lol So, I guess I could count on him to pack for me if neededSmiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

There is an article about Donna Karan in today's NY Times. Also a picture of Louis!
Trusted Contributor

Good story!
Regular Contributor

On 6/5/2014 demitra said: This is a funny (to me, anyway). Long story short.....my husband got a hotel room for our 20th anniversary as a SURPRISE for me. When he drove up to the hotel, I said I CANNOT stay here.....I don't have clothes, toiletries, etc. He said, let's just go in and SEE if they have a room available. I refused and stayed in the car. I was not in a good mood (for other reasons) and really resented that he wouldn't listen to me. Well, in a few minutes he opens the door from the hotel closest to the car and motions me in. I was FUMING! I went in, and he opened a door, and there was rose petals AND bouquets of roses all over the room. He had my toiletries, clothes, underwear, and EVERYTHING, right down to my nightly cuticle cream and lip balm! I was STUNNED. STUNNED, I tell you. It was so sweet and so unexpected. He did everything perfectly except he brought flowered panties to wear with white pants!!! Lol So, I guess I could count on him to pack for me if neededSmiley Happy

Does he have a brother? {#emotions_dlg.tt1}