Valued Contributor

Obama Stole My (Tiara) Look!!!

[ Edited ]

As everyone knows, tiaras have been all the rage this past year.

From cotillions to coronations to the board room to the soccer field to standing in line at McDonalds, anyone who is anyone is wearing a tiara these days.

Even Barack Obama donned one this past year.

obama.jpg

And I have his same exact tiara at home!

'Bama stole my look!! Smiley Mad

Now, when the Most Powerful Man in the whole world is wearing a tiara, you know that its no longer just a silly fashion accessory. Its POWER.

Actually the New York Times recently noticed the resurgence of the tiara as more and more women were seen wearing them to work as ad execs, receptionists, surgeons, grocery store clerks and probably even a city bus driver or two.

They proclaimed the tiara to be the new "power scrunchie". No fashion - or power - hungry woman (or U.S. President) would be seen without one on her head!

Subway trains were packed with people all'a'glitter in assorted tiaras. One could barely walk into a public Ladies Rest Room without doing a double-take to make sure that one had not walked into a family meeting at Downton Abbey.

DowntonAbbey-409_1637.jpg

Flights at JFK had to be suddenly diverted due to pilots being blinded by all the bling on the ground as airport tiara-sporting workers prepared to unload baggage. Waiters at every Applebee's were made confused by which lady in which tiara at which table had ordered the "Triple Hog Dare Ya" sandwich platter.

Complete chaos ensued,  But as any good fashionista knows, chaos is proof that a fashion trend is indeed working.

And that's what's most important. Smiley LOL

The tiara is said to be the new power suit.

Except you wear it on your head. Smiley Happy

So to where to do YOU ALL wear YOUR tiaras now that they're the only way to be seen in public this year?

Here is a young lady who wore her tiara everywhere for an entire week!

PS) My fashion advice is that if you decide to go that route, be sure to have a selection of tiaras to choose from. A Shabby Chic Tiara look is just sad. One does want to exert glamor and power when wearing one and not a sense of having fled Tsarist's Russia in the middle of the night with only one shoe and the tiara on one's head, after all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Obama Stole My (Tiara) Look!!!

My tiara is bird themed.  I wear it to the mailbox, the post office, when I grab a pizza from Little Caesars, while I'm cutting the grass, when I go grocery shopping and when I go to work :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

But you must ackowledge that the girls did too. 

Valued Contributor

@Melania2 wrote:

I KNOW!!!!

EVERYBODY'S after my look!

Its a world gone mad (thank god they're all wearing tiaras while being dragged away).

Respected Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@Melania2 wrote:

I KNOW!!!!

Its a world gone mad (thank god they're all wearing tiaras while being dragged away).

I'm pretty sure he didn't know this was your look.  I read here and didn't know it was your look.

Respected Contributor

LOL

You know what they say...Go Big or Go Home!! Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@surfk wrote:

@Melania2 wrote:

I KNOW!!!!

I'm pretty sure he didn't know this was your look.  I read here and didn't know it was your look.

If you didn't know its MY look, well, you obviously can't possibly be a tiara fashion insider.

People come to me from far and wide only hoping that I might guide them into a tiara lifestyle.

I have been called a Guru of the Tiara Scrunchie.

I usually slap people who call me that. But I have been called that.

Respected Contributor

It's precious that he did that though...even if he didn't check with you first to make sure he's styling it right.Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@Melania2 wrote:

It's precious that he did that though...even if he didn't check with you first to make sure he's styling it right.Smiley Wink

I'll cut him a pass. I mean, if I can cut NYC sewer workers a pass when they show up wearing their tiaras to work, I suppose I can do the same for the President of the United States.

Had he only worn it to some G-20 Summit though.

I won't be happy until all Chinese workers begin to wear tiaras to their jobs manfuacturing even MORE tiaras.

Trusted Contributor

What a tiarable shame.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️