Respected Contributor

Re: OK, I think we have all learned that........

@summergal1 wrote:
All of the hosts are name droppers. It feeds their already elevated egos. 🤷‍♀️ Has a consumer I could care less about who wearing what and when. Really we all should have brains enough to not buy something just because celebrities endorse the product 🙄. And that couch SK is plopped on has to go, if they want people to be relaxed get them comfortable attractive chairs. You aDon’t see sales clerks laying around on sofas or chairs while they work, in a brick and mortar stores. We also are not subjected to the sales clerks life stores as do the QVC sales clerks when was the last time you were in a store and the sales clerk stopped help you and then ask someone to order it😜

I think it's a little silly to compare Q on-air hosts (I wouldn't call them "sales clerks") to customer assistance people in B&M stores -- the two jobs really don't have a lot in common.

Respected Contributor

Wear them if you like, don't if you don't. But, wow, a few people have a real attitude about this ...

Honored Contributor

I didn't even like all that positive affirmation stuff on my Philosophy producrs.  So I obviously don't buy the clothes.  Somehow it takes something very personal and makes it trite.  

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the olive only because the affirmation is not large and is easily hidden or at least not obvious or I never would have ordered. I have two of her jackets with no visible outward affirmation. The one has words, can’t even tell you what since I’ve paid no attention, on the inside. If I take it off I fold it so the words cannot be seem. I really like both jackets and wear them a lot when it's cool enough.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

I'm rather indifferent towards the line but something she said tonight really caught me off guard. She trademarked the simple phrase I love everyone?! First of all how do you get a trademark on something so generic and secondly it doesn't seem like a very loving thing to do

@Andreatoo  and @Careful Shopper and others wondering about how trademarks work:

She did in fact get a trademark registration with the US Trademark Office for I LOVE EVERYONE for specifically "Hooded pullovers; Hooded sweatshirts; Jackets; Knit tops; T-shirts; Tops."  It was granted October 18, 2016 with Registration No. 5062342.

This means only that she is allowed to use that phrase as a brand on and for those specific products.

It does not mean that the meaning of the phrase is what is registered as a trademark.

Trademarks are for the registration of words or phrases or symbols for specific categories of goods or services.  It does not mean no one else can ever use I LOVE EVERYONE for anything else.  It does mean no one can use I LOVE EVERYONE to sell those items for which it is now a registered trademark.

I hope that helps. I used to work in the trademark field.

Just fyi, there is a trademark registration for L.I.F.E. LOVE IS FOR EVERYONE for these goods: Costume jewelry; Jewelry; Decals; Shirts owned by a company called L.I.F.E. LLC of Florida (formerly known as TiltWorks.)

@GingerPeach 

Thank you for this info. Interesting. 

Esteemed Contributor

What @Andreatoo said!  ... and I won't give up my tourist t-shirts like "Grand Canyon Rocks,"  "May The Forest Be With You,"  etc.  Good times and good memories (and cheap!).

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I think it is tacky
Contributor

For me, actions speak louder than words.

Honored Contributor

Affirmation-wear (and I'm trademarking this designation)... Ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Affirmation-wear (and I'm trademarking this designation)... Ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

@stevieb 

Lol!!